Citation pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
CapnVegetto, the rules are different on the CJ.

Yes, generally, you can log SIC time on a CJ. It is not a "single pilot" aircraft. The type data certificate requires "minimum of 1 crew".

Do a search for previous posts on "ce525" and you'll find lots of good info.

Curious English....how can the rules be different for two airplanes certified under the same regs? We have a CJ and our guys fly it single pilot. When they all went to CJ school they got a SP signoff with their type. I'm not one of 'em, so I'm not sure how it goes, although I do know how the CE-500 works. I have no training or signoff, so I can't do it. What is the difference?

I think the type rating is C-525 or C-525s. The aircraft can be single or dual pilot. The C-501 or C-551 are single pilot aircraft like a King Air, but in the C-525 it depends which type rating.

HEADWIND

STUCKINGFK
Depends on what you are trying to do. I flew corp before I went 121. If you want to stay on the corp. side and you are typed I would log it as pic. If you want to go to the airlines they only want pic time if you signed for the a/c.

CapnVegetto said:
Curious English....how can the rules be different for two airplanes certified under the same regs? We have a CJ and our guys fly it single pilot. When they all went to CJ school they got a SP signoff with their type. I'm not one of 'em, so I'm not sure how it goes, although I do know how the CE-500 works. I have no training or signoff, so I can't do it. What is the difference?

Pretty simple actually, the CJ's can be flown with 1 of two type ratings, the C525 or C525S. You obviously know the difference.

For the rest of the 500 family (500,501,550,551,S550,560, etc) there is only 1 type rating the CE500 that covers all of them.

Only the 501 and 551 are Single Pilot Airplanes and with a basic CE500 type and 61.58 current you can go out and fly one by yourself, legally. The rest of the 500 family will always need two pilots.

But wait, just when you thought you had it all figured out comes the Single Pilot Waiver stuff (FAA waiver 4050), that lets you fly any of the 500 series SP. I read somewhere that there's only 128 current waiver guys so don't worry too much about that.

And just to complicate the 500 series even more there's the airplane mods, SB??? and Shannon mod that can make the 500 into a 501 and back.

Yeah, I knew how the 500 series worked, but now I learned something new about the CJ's. I actually met a guy in Macon, GA that was flying a CE-560 Ultra single pilot. I was like WTF??? Where is your copilot? Turns out it's legal, though you're hard pressed to find an insurance company that'll agree to it. I never knew you could fly them single pilot, but sure enough, you can.

CapnVegetto said:
I actually met a guy in Macon, GA that was flying a CE-560 Ultra single pilot.
Ya you can fly all the 560's- V, Ultra, or Encore Single Pilot with the 4050 waiver. The funny thing about it is the waiver actually considers them different airplanes, and you actually have to get differences training. Same thing with the 550's, the waiver considers the II different from the Bravo, or SII.

Useless trivia.

Latest resources

Back