• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I do contract work, in the midwest, I make $350/day, plus all expenses paid. I know it's not the northeast, but no one else has bit here yet.

A lot of people think you should be paid little since it's a single-pilot airplane, however I've never had anyone turn down my pay rate, and don't sell yourself short. If your going to be there as a crewmember on a jet, and you should be paid appropriately.

I know a lot of guys who make little to nothing just because they want to fly in a shiny jet - don't be one of those guys!

Last edited:
I'd say 38-48k with your experience level.

User997 said:
When I do contract work, in the midwest, I make $350/day, plus all expenses paid. I know it's not the northeast, but no one else has bit here yet.

A lot of people think you should be paid little since it's a single-pilot airplane, however I've never had anyone turn down my pay rate, and don't sell yourself short. If your going to be there as a crewmember on a jet, and you should be paid appropriately.

I know a lot of guys who make little to nothing just because they want to fly in a shiny jet - don't be one of those guys!

How do you log that if it's part 91 if you're a co-pilot in a single pilot airplane? No flame, just wondering.

I might have the chance of doing this and the guys insurance requires it, so should (could) I log that as SIC?

thanks

If the guy in the left seat is an MEI dual recieved. Worked for the King Air.

Depends on whether or not the captain has a 61.58 single pilot signoff. If he does, then you can't legally log it because you aren't needed. If he's an MEI you can log it as dual, though. If he doesn't have the single pilot exemption (as I don't) then you can log the hell out if it, because that makes you a legally required crewmember. Whether the plane is single pilot certified or not makes no difference. It all depends on the captain. I can't legally fly PIC in a Citation without a copilot, because I don't have the signoff. I fly a single pilot certified airplane, sure, but I'm not single pilot certified. Just find out from the captain.

CapnVegetto, the rules are different on the CJ.

Yes, generally, you can log SIC time on a CJ. It is not a "single pilot" aircraft. The type data certificate requires "minimum of 1 crew".

Do a search for previous posts on "ce525" and you'll find lots of good info.

English said:
CapnVegetto, the rules are different on the CJ.

Yes, generally, you can log SIC time on a CJ. It is not a "single pilot" aircraft. The type data certificate requires "minimum of 1 crew".

Do a search for previous posts on "ce525" and you'll find lots of good info.

Thanks everyone. Your posts have been helpful.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back