Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

afpa

All,

My father in law just purchased a citation mustang for his corporation. He's getting ready to post the job, but isn't sure where is the best place to put the ad. Anybody have an idea where the best magazine or website would be? Thanks alot. Here's the first draft of the ad to give you an idea of what he's looking for. The flight time req's are from the insurance company.

Castlebrook Management LLC, a Fort Lauderdale company, is seeking qualified candidates for a Part 91 Cessna Mustang operation. The aircraft will be based at KFXE and occasionally at KSWF. Preferred pilot domicile is the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area. The position is halftime consisting of 60 flight days and 120 standby days distributed over a one year period. Salary will be paid monthly and a two year commitment is requested. Castlebrook will reimburse successful candidate for a Flight Safety SP type rating valued at $18,500.

Responsibilities:
Chief pilot and PIC for company Mustang
Assure compliance of aircraft and all operations with applicable regs.
Schedule and monitor all maintenance of aircraft
Assure that aircraft is kept in flight ready condition.
All flight planning
Other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned by operator

Qualifications:
Current Second Class Medical
ATP, CFI
Currency with Any Citation type rating, other turbojet ratings considered
Total Time 4000 hrs
MEL 2000
PIC MEL 1000
Jet 500

Jet PIC 150

www.climbto350.com
www.bizjetjobs.com

Both sites are free to post jobs. Climbto350.com will get you more resumes, but this isnt a good thing in most cases. Seems like the same idiots apply for every job even if they are not qualified.

I like BizJetJobs.com becuase people actually have to email you a resume not just auto apply like on Climbto350

Good luck.... finding a good pilot that isn't a total nerd is next to impossible!

afpa said:
Castlebrook will reimburse successful candidate for a Flight Safety SP type rating valued at $18,500.

The Mustang comes from the factory with at least one if not two type rating positions.

Does the above line mean the hired pilot will have to initially pay the cost of training themselves, out of pocket?

The Mustang comes from the factory with at least one if not two type rating positions.

Does the above line mean the hired pilot will have to initially pay the cost of training themselves, out of pocket?[/font][/color]

I was wondering about that exact same thing; it was the 1st thing to catch my eye. With the reputation of Florida operators, you have to read these things word by word, then repeat.

The owner is going to use the one that is given with the purchase and then pay for the other.

Mustang ??

All,

My father in law just purchased a citation mustang for his corporation. He's getting ready to post the job, but isn't sure where is the best place to put the ad. Anybody have an idea where the best magazine or website would be? Thanks alot. Here's the first draft of the ad to give you an idea of what he's looking for. The flight time req's are from the insurance company.

Castlebrook Management LLC, a Fort Lauderdale company, is seeking qualified candidates for a Part 91 Cessna Mustang operation. The aircraft will be based at KFXE and occasionally at KSWF. Preferred pilot domicile is the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area. The position is halftime consisting of 60 flight days and 120 standby days distributed over a one year period. Salary will be paid monthly and a two year commitment is requested. Castlebrook will reimburse successful candidate for a Flight Safety SP type rating valued at $18,500.

Responsibilities:
Chief pilot and PIC for company Mustang
Assure compliance of aircraft and all operations with applicable regs.
Schedule and monitor all maintenance of aircraft
Assure that aircraft is kept in flight ready condition.
All flight planning
Other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned by operator

Qualifications:
Current Second Class Medical
ATP, CFI
Currency with Any Citation type rating, other turbojet ratings considered
Total Time 4000 hrs
MEL 2000
PIC MEL 1000
Jet 500

Jet PIC 150

Is this the person from the Climbto350 ad on June 2nd??

Hope he improved his initial offer. I copied a another pilots response to the June 2nd ad.

"Dear pilot recruiter,

I read of your position on Climbto350.com and wanted to submit my qualifications for your review.

After reading those qualifications, please read my required renumeration:

Employer pays for initial type rating, all recurrent training, all expenses during type training, plus $400 daily rate during training.

After initial training is complete, employer will pay $85,000 per year for my services, plus expenses, plus $3.50 per hour per diem when on duty.

Required work schedule is one week on, one week off, travel to be accomplished on the 1st and 7th day of each rotation. Travel to and from domicile will be at employer's expense.

4 weeks' paid vacation in addition to work schedule, plus 401(k) and match, plus medical and dental insurance to be provided by employer.

This is what a professional pilot requires in a contract. If you wish to recruit at your current pay level, you are going to get a pilot who is sub-standard and will jeopardize your safety, your life, and the safety and lives of the other passengers in the aircraft.

A jet is not a toy, regardless of whether it was manufactured by Cessna or not. I sincerely hope you will rethink your compensation package to attract a professional pilot who is competent enough to safely pilot your aircraft.

Sincerely, "

Last edited:
Is this the person from the Climbto350 ad on June 2nd??

Hope he improved his initial offer. I copied a another pilots response to the June 2nd ad.

"Dear pilot recruiter,

I read of your position on Climbto350.com and wanted to submit my qualifications for your review.

After reading those qualifications, please read my required renumeration:

Employer pays for initial type rating, all recurrent training, all expenses during type training, plus $400 daily rate during training.

After initial training is complete, employer will pay $85,000 per year for my services, plus expenses, plus $3.50 per hour per diem when on duty.

Required work schedule is one week on, one week off, travel to be accomplished on the 1st and 7th day of each rotation. Travel to and from domicile will be at employer's expense.

4 weeks' paid vacation in addition to work schedule, plus 401(k) and match, plus medical and dental insurance to be provided by employer.

This is what a professional pilot requires in a contract. If you wish to recruit at your current pay level, you are going to get a pilot who is sub-standard and will jeopardize your safety, your life, and the safety and lives of the other passengers in the aircraft.

A jet is not a toy, regardless of whether it was manufactured by Cessna or not. I sincerely hope you will rethink your compensation package to attract a professional pilot who is competent enough to safely pilot your aircraft.

Sincerely, "

Spank dead on. Couldn't have said it better. I can't even add to that.

No that is not the position that this ad will be for, but thanks for the response. I liked the guys ideas for his contract. Wish I could have gotten all of that in my first year at UPS! Take care.

Latest resources

Back