Citation Job in Alabama?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blzr said:
I Don't buy that. You can barely get a Seminole in there, much less a Gulfstream.

I dunno man, I'd have to be a pretty sloppy pilot to sweat getting a Seminole into a 5000' strip. Dunno what the Gulfstream requires though...

Jeez.......We used to run 737's into 6500 foot strips, and that was under all the 121 rules. You could land a Seminole 3 times on a 5000 footer!

I do know Gulfstreams will do 5000 feet. Don't know if they are at gross weight when they do it though.

Last edited:
blzr said:
I Don't buy that. You can barely get a Seminole in there, much less a Gulfstream.

Seen Lears at Jasper before, so its not too unlikely.

I don't know of a single corporate jet that can't get out of a 5000 ft strip. Thier range out of that strip is another question. We do it all the time in a Citation III which has a reputation as a runway hog.

Northern Alabama Lear Job

Experienced pilot with Lear Jet time, preferably in Lear 55; experience in managing all aspects of flight department, including budgeting, supervision of pilots and maintenance. Northern Alabama.

Got this from the www.planejobs.com mail list. I'm not a member so don't have the contact info. Sorry.

Thanks to everyone for all the info! I live just east of Birmingham and still looking for another full time job! Maybe Spring will bring some new jobs to town!!

Yea....5000 feet of runway is plenty for takeoff usually, but yes...range may be a factor!!

Citation Job in AL

There are 2 Citations in Jasper, thats it. There is a new CJ2 in Hamilton, but they are flying it SP, occasional co-pilot. As for Warren's Flight Dept. they recently brought in another pilot and I hear that is all they are going to have on salary. They do use contract pilots a good bit. King Air mins for them (PIC) are in the 3000 TT range, 500 multi, w/ turboprop time if you have flown w/ them so they know you. Don't know what the mins for the CJ's they have are, but they are significantly higher.

KeroseneSnorter said:
Jeez.......We used to run 737's into 6500 foot strips, and that was under all the 121 rules. You could land a Seminole 3 times on a 5000 footer!

I do know Gulfstreams will do 5000 feet. Don't know if they are at gross weight when they do it though.

KS,

My personal favorite was when we used to land the B737-300 or 200 at SNA (John Wayne/ OC)... 5,700' looks like a postage stamp on approach :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back