Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
I've been flying Lears for the last year and was recently offered a job as a Citation captain, unfortunitly it never passed the pre-buy inspection so I'm just doing contract work now. I turned 24 this summer so I was pretty excited to be a captain so early, but I'm sure this wouldn't be my last disapointment in aviation. Anyway, just needed to vent, and if anyone knows of any work in S. FL it would be a great help, thanks.

If it's any consolation, being the Captian of a Citation is about as exciting as being the Captain on a Baron......so you didn't miss much!! :)

Other oppertunities will come up. Been bounced around so much in my career that is the one thing that I can be certian of!

Good luck to you. Check the Tampa area, heard there were a couple of companies looking for contract folks. Do not remember the name though unfortunatly.

Easy now, not all Citations are equal.. the phrase isn't Slow Cation anymore. Citation X is .92 Mach machine --Blows the doors off any civ aircraft...

xdrvr said:
Easy now, not all Citations are equal.. the phrase isn't Slow Cation anymore. Citation X is .92 Mach machine --Blows the doors off any civ aircraft...

Somehow I doubt it was a Capt. position on a X. :)

either way, it was multi-turbine PIC and it would have been a great way to get even farther ahead than he already is.

KeroseneSnorter said:
Somehow I doubt it was a Capt. position on a X. :)

LOL, no it was a Citation 500, the slowest thing in the sky, it would have been a great time builder though, and my good buddy who I used to fly cargo in Barons, and C-402's was going to be my FO, (I know it's single pilot, insurence reasons). thanks for the optimistic outlook. later.

Having flown lears (31,35,45,60) and Citations (500 thru 650), I can tell you that a Lear FO job is better than a CE500 CA job. (pay and QOL aside)

Does flying a 500 series Citation make you any less of a pilot? A 500 series Citation is a great bird and very easy to get behind if you have your head where the sun don't shine, but i know that that wouldn't happen to all you people who fly the supersonic jets. Please may I kiss your feet while you kiss something else on me?

Napoleon complex anyone???

Latest resources

Back