Citation into Catalina under FAR 91

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

Performance and weather permitting of course, anyone with experience operating a Citation into AVX part 91 ? The field is restricted to 12,500# GWT but the manager said no restrictions to jets other than the operating hours. Runway is described as fair, we'd be in a straight V.

We debated it a few times in the a Bravo but decided to always land at LGB and have the pax flown into Catalina via Helicopter. Most helicopter companies will (for a little extra) will stage at your arrival FBO (I recommend Avitat) and get your pax to catalina in about 30 minutes.... the drive from AVX to town is about that anyways.

Not real sure about thecurrent runway condition but have heard it is much better than it was 2 years ago when I was in there with a KingAir.

Thanks for that. Decided against it, not particularly concerned about the runway length but the FOD factor. Just not worth it.

I been in a 501 numerous times. As you stated, the runway length is fine, but the runway condition is another story. It was not something I looked forward to.

Latest resources

Back