• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation II type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Citation II uses the CE-500 type...good for the Citation I (500/501), II (550/551), S/II, Bravo, V, Ultra, Encore and Encore+.

The 14 day CE500 initial at Simcom MCO was about $13,500 last year; the 7 day initial with checkride in the airplane at Simcom SDL was about $15,300.

FSI runs north of $20K, and I'm not sure about Simuflite.

I would bet you could get a Cit II type (c500) at FSI for the low teens if you go to a center with an older type sim, such as an older Cit. II. Technically, you can type in an Encore+ and do the diffenrences, and it might be pretty cool, but the II will be a lot different, and will cost you a lot more. The sim schools charge more for the higher demand, newer sims, and less for ratty, worn out sims.

You can also look at some of the outfits that do not use sims, just train in older 501s. They advertise in the $8-9000 range, but most insurance companies will not accept that kind of training. It would get you the type, but probably not much else.

Before the economy went in the toilet, it was blaspheme to even suggest paying for your own type. Now, I would say good luck, as there are a lot of unemployed typed guys, or employed tyed guys with lots of time on their hands. That may explain the long post.

FSI TOL hasn't come down in their pricing for Citation II recurrent...they wanted north of 11k when I called earlier this fall!

Pricing is confidential, of course, but I think you could negotiate that a little better. You might try different centers also (LGB, SAT). In this economy, there is a lot more wiggle room than there has been in the last several years.

Just got a quote today from SIMCOM for 500-series recurrent - $4900 for 4 days and 4 hours in sim or $5800 for 4 days and 6 hours in sim. Not sure about initial these days.

Most training companies, FSI, Simuflite, Simcom have different rates for different clients. So just about everyone in a particular class could be paying a different amount. In my Hawker initial, one client paid over 30 grand while another was 18...

thanks for the info...i have no intention of paying for it myself, just curious what they run. amazing that a guppy type costs 6K but a citation is more than 10K.

The Citation II uses the CE-500 type...good for the Citation I (500/501), II (550/551), S/II, Bravo, V, Ultra, Encore and Encore+.

The 14 day CE500 initial at Simcom MCO was about $13,500 last year; the 7 day initial with checkride in the airplane at Simcom SDL was about $15,300.

FSI runs north of $20K, and I'm not sure about Simuflite.
Simcom is an absolute joke, that place is a sorry excuse for a professional flight school.

Latest resources

Back