• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Encore Vs Lear 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The original question was Lear 35 vs Encore. I stated that I thought the Encore to be a better over-all plane then the 35. So we agree.

As a side note I mentioned we were getting a 45 and I get bashed for that? Someone really thinks the Encore is a better airplane the the 45? I used to fly an Excel and I'm familiar with the performance of the P&Ws. I'm sure the Encore is a great plane.
Straight out of C&dD; DOC Lear 45 $1,228.02, Encore $1,100.27
Cost/NM Lear 45 $2.94, Encore $2.79
Pretty close.

The 45 has a bigger cabin, more range, more payload, flies higher, and faster then the Encore.
My biggest question the the Learjet people was "Why did you put 731s on instead of P&Ws?" I was told it was for efficiency. I dont know if I believe that but that is what I was told.

BTW Happy Holidays and a very prosperous New Year to all!!

Thank for the info... both jobs are for private owners of the planes, the encore fly's more but both jobs are the same, the questions was related to the planes not to job, as all of you said it is more of life and quality of job than the money although it helps.
thank for the inputs!!!

LJ45 said:
I had an Excel pilot tell me the same thing. After the second time, on a identical trip we out climbed him and passed him up in the climb, he re-thought his statement. We each had 8 passengers and doing the same trip. It took him a while with the head winds at FL400 while we went straight to FL450 and didn't have to stop for fuel. Yes, we have the 45XR...but I did let him take off first.
I can't speak for the Excel, as this conversation has been ENCORE based. I am sure the 45XR romps the EXCEL, but I fail to see what it has to do with this conversation about the ENCORE, except for the fact that they are both Cessna?

ultrarunner said:
Wrong question Pin....

the question is:

"...what is the better company to work for...?"

'it 'aint about the plane'

Unless that's what is important, in which case the Lear will be much more fun to fly. A straight-wing Citation is, well a straight-wing Citation.

Thanks for the inputs.. both jobs are fro private own A/C the Encore fly's more but both aare tec the same,all of you are right, that the choice has to be made on QOL and company benefits and long term relation, but in this case I am looking more on the plane due to the kind of job, in my mind I'll prefer to fly the citation but lets wait till 06...
Happy Holidays and thanks again.

PIN727

I love all this LR35/Encore banter. Reminds me of a part in Top Gun...

Maverick: Yes, ma'am, the data on the MiG is inaccurate.
Charlie: How's that lieutenant?
Maverick: Well, I just happened to see a MiG-28 do --
Goose: We!...We.
Maverick: Sorry, Goose. WE happened to see a MiG-28 do a 4G negative dive.
Charlie: Where did you see this?
Maverick: That's classified.
Charlie: It's what?
Maverick: It's classified. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.
Charlie: Lieutenant, I have top secret clearance. The Pentagon sees to it that I know more than you.
Maverick: Well, ma'am, it doesn't seem so in this case now does it.
Charlie: So, Lieutenant, where exactly were you?
Maverick: Well, WE --
Goose: Thank you.
Maverick: -- started up on his six, when he pulled through the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.
topguniceman.JPG

Iceman: (cough) B------t.

Goose: No, he was, man. It was a really great move. He was inverted.

Charlie: You were in a 4G inverted dive with a MiG-28?

Maverick: Yes, ma'am.

Charlie: At what range?
Maverick: About two meters.
Goose: Well, it's actually about one and a half, I think. It was one and a half. I've got a great Polaroid of it, and he's, he's right there. Must be one and a half.
Maverick: It was a nice picture....
Goose: Thanks, man. I like my pictures....
Charlie: Uh, Lieutenant. What were you doing there?
Goose: Communicating.
Maverick: Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations. I was, uh, you know, giving him "the bird."
Goose: You know -- "the finger."
Charlie: Yes, I know the finger, Goose.
Goose: I'm, I'm sorry. I hate it when it does that. I'm sorry. Excuse me.
Charlie: [to Maverick] So you're the one.
topgunmaverickglasses.JPG
Maverick: Yes, ma'am.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back