• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation; dry tanks 4th approach gear up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hadn't seen this one yet... Sounds like a pretty simple investigation though. They ran out of gas on the 4th approach to the same airport. Isn't there a reason we file alternate's?

-aircraft was leased to a Dominican Republic-based airline

-left engine quit on third approach

-right engine quit on fourth

-no injuries to the pilots or pax

can't wait too read the CVR transcripts.

"Hey, the left engine just quit."

"Hmmm, still can't see the runway. How 'bout we go around and try it one more time, on a single engine?"

"Sounds good to me."

Man, those guys got lucky.

Its a miracle they survived. When where they going to decide to go somewhere else? That last approach must of been the best one the crew ever flew.. Right down to the "ground"

I wonder how his language skills were? I happened to leave the Islip area some 20 years ago just before that 707 from Central America ran out of gas on a missed out of JFK. (Aeria-air, or something like that) The Captain did not know how to use the words "minimum fuel advisory." He didn't know how to declare he was in trouble.

I wonder how his language skills were? I happened to leave the Islip area some 20 years ago just before that 707 from Central America ran out of gas on a missed out of JFK. (Aeria-air, or something like that) The Captain did not know how to use the words "minimum fuel advisory." He didn't know how to declare he was in trouble.

minimum fuel...:rolleyes: how about emergency, pan pan pan or mayday. They shouldn't be flying a airplane if they don't know how to say that.

It's not a language problem, it is stupidity.

Latest resources

Back