Citation Bravo / Single Pilot w/Mgmt Duties Salary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NBAA 2008
Chief Pilot (Jet II 10,000 < 20,000 MTOW)
Average
Someone will do it for less...but this is what the job should pay.

Does NBAA list department manager in the situation? Being a one man show, single pilot would qualify as department manager as well. Which is probably higher pay.

I do not have a salary survey in front of me. That being said, what skills do you bring to the operation? If it is simply flying the jet from point A to point B you'll end up costing the owner money. $85-90K would be fair if you have no experience managing a flight department and learn as you go. OJT is expensive with aircraft. Do you have previous flight department management experience? Single pilot operations are still a flight department. Are you an A&P, ever managed a major maintenance event or refurb? If the answer is yes, then you are looking at $110K with bennies and hopefully a bonus.

tdwnds 1 has no idea what he is talking about. No WAY would I do that job for that little. That simply drives the bar lower and lower for us all!! Keep in mind that you would be responsible for the care and feeding of a muti-million dollar asset!

I fly and manage an Ultra (single pilot) and a Cirrus. My pay is definitely not where it should be, but I have gotten very good raises every year since I have been with these folks, so it is getting there. I am certainly still underpaid (not horribly), but my QOL is terrific and I work for solid partners who treat me very well. I'd love to be making $100K+, but in this market you have to look at ALL the variables, not just pay. I'm definitely in a long-term position with people that have survived the downturn and will most likely have an airplane for quite awhile.

Of course, it's always easier to tell someone that they SHOULD be making $100K+ from the sidelines and quite another for YOU to tell YOUR employer or potential employer that you should be making $100K+, especially if you currently are out of work. That regular paycheck starts looking really good, especially if there is a great QOL to go along with it.

In my experiences, take what you can get to start. But, always make sure you show where you are saving money and how much you are saving them. Lots of pilots either don't take the time/effort to do this or they just think the boss will somehow notice their good deeds. I document all savings in spreadsheets and make sure the CFO gets a copy. At the end of the year you should have a nice long list of areas where you have gone above and beyond your normal duties. Normally you will find that you can save your company well over your 100K+ salary if managed properly.

Latest resources

Back