• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation 680 job in Wisconsen(SP?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I called North American Jet about 3 weeks ago to inquire about the open positions listed on their web site. The receptionist told me emphatically there were no positions open.

Whats the deal with the Citation outta Trego Dougan? My buddy just basically got furloughed from them I'm surprised they didn't ask him to get on the Citation.

Hi!

Spelling ability is an indicator of "spelling IQ", just like 3-D visualization is an indicator of "3-D visualization IQ" and body coordination is an indicator of "Body coordination IQ."

Some people can spell better than others. If you don't spell very well, and work really hard, you can spell marginally better. It is a better use of your time to work on something you can improve on a lot, like your cross-wind landings.

In the early 1900s, spelling used to be "IT" in school. It didn't matter what your math, reading, logical thinking abilities, etc., etc. were, it just mattered how well you spelled. Some of that attitude has trickled down to today's perception of how smart people are.

cliff
GRB
WI Teacher Certified G 6-12 Social Studies

Well, those are all misuses of the term "IQ", but I'll let them slide.
We are all exposed to the spelling of the states' names in grade school. For some, seeing a word once can result in spelling it correctly thereafter (the "photographic memory" concept, you could say). Another way to remember the spelling of Wisconsin would be to "break it down". "Wis" no one seems to forget. "Con" and "Sin". Well, those two words----con and sin----go together pretty well.
Finally, a word I see misspelled frequently on message boards is "definite". Many people misspell it as "definate" or "defanite". Here, a little "root word analysis" saves the day. Think of "finite", "finish", "infinite". "Finite" means measurable, limited. "Finish" means to end, to place a limit upon, to make measurable. Infinite means endless, immeasurable. "Finite" is the root ("fini",actually) of definite. "De" means of or pertaining to. "Definite" means, essentially, to be finite, pertaining to finite.
That's the way to help people spell. Don't just tell them they have a low spelling IQ. Yes, I have a high IQ, but I'll bet I can take an average or even slightly less than average IQ person and make that person a better speller of at least some commonly misspelled words, by relating the above. And I'm not even a professional educator.

Here's the easy way...use a spell checker before every post. It is easy, install Google toolbar and press the little green check mark and voila. Even better, just use the one included with the forum software.

I can't tell you how many resumes I have seen over the years that have spelling and/or grammar errors. Not to mention resumes full of the standard resume faux pas. Of course they all quickly find their way to the trash can. I figure if somebody struggles with the basics, then why bother.

Well, those are all misuses of the term "IQ", but I'll let them slide.
We are all exposed to the spelling of the states' names in grade school. For some, seeing a word once can result in spelling it correctly thereafter (the "photographic memory" concept, you could say). Another way to remember the spelling of Wisconsin would be to "break it down". "Wis" no one seems to forget. "Con" and "Sin". Well, those two words----con and sin----go together pretty well.
Finally, a word I see misspelled frequently on message boards is "definite". Many people misspell it as "definate" or "defanite". Here, a little "root word analysis" saves the day. Think of "finite", "finish", "infinite". "Finite" means measurable, limited. "Finish" means to end, to place a limit upon, to make measurable. Infinite means endless, immeasurable. "Finite" is the root ("fini",actually) of definite. "De" means of or pertaining to. "Definite" means, essentially, to be finite, pertaining to finite.
That's the way to help people spell. Don't just tell them they have a low spelling IQ. Yes, I have a high IQ, but I'll bet I can take an average or even slightly less than average IQ person and make that person a better speller of at least some commonly misspelled words, by relating the above. And I'm not even a professional educator.

hey boys, we got one a dem learned types on here, git em!

Latest resources

Back