Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation 650 in-flight engine failure near Chicago???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
250 KIAS said:
They landed safely at MSN on runway 36. It was the return leg of a lifeguard flight from SDL to MKE.
Thx for the info 250.

Interesting discussion followed my initial question. The truth is I just wanted to know the outcome, even though I was reasonably certain it worked out fine. Even though it may be just 'part of the job' as a professional pilot to stay cool, it still is impressive in the same way that firefighters go into burning buildings without a second thought or police officers walk up to a car they just pulled over at night not knowing what they'll find. At the end of the day, all of those people will have a beer and say it was just part of the job.

That's the impressive part.

Koslen said:
Chill out dude! He is right it does happen. I have had a dozen or so flame outs on the old cj-610's. Fairly common on those old lears and a couple of engines go south on me in the MU-2,a Navajo, and a couple on the 747. As long as it's not right when you rotate or your on fire it really is no big deal. If you fly long long enough you will come to realize engine failures/pre-cautionary shoutdowns do just happen. Often!;)

Engine go out on an MU-2 and you are still alive? Wow, according to others on this board I did not think this was possible.:beer:

Latest resources

Back