Citation 560 Ultra Training Manual Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not the greatest training either.

I did my CE500 initial at Simcom, and my instructor there had the exact same amount of time in the airplane as my CE525A initial instructor at FSI ICT - zero.

FSI did have Starbucks coffee and donuts every morning, but that isn't exactly worth the 100% premium FSI charges over FSI for training...

I did my CE500 initial at Simcom, and my instructor there had the exact same amount of time in the airplane as my CE525A initial instructor at FSI ICT - zero.

FSI did have Starbucks coffee and donuts every morning, but that isn't exactly worth the 100% premium FSI charges over FSI for training...

My experience was pretty bad. No one had time in type and they pretty much read from a book. Training was disorganized and "let play it by ear." The sim didn't work right, the bridge got stuck a few times. Nothing like using the escape ladder in the middle of the night.

After going to CAE or FSI this plays seems like junior bush league. More for private owners. They are a 1/4 of the price of FSI though.

My experience was pretty bad. No one had time in type and they pretty much read from a book. Training was disorganized and "let play it by ear." The sim didn't work right, the bridge got stuck a few times. Nothing like using the escape ladder in the middle of the night.

After going to CAE or FSI this plays seems like junior bush league. More for private owners. They are a 1/4 of the price of FSI though.

Never been to Simcom but for my last few initials (DA900EX, BBD700, and DA7X) not one of the instructors had time in the aircraft....if they did they likely wouldnt be sitting in a box or reading slides in a classroom 20+ days a month.

If you want to see disorganized, attend a FSI/CAE course using Dassaults CODDE method....its absurd.

Not downplaying your Simcom experience, just saying that training is hit or miss anywhere.

Exactly, the training is only as good as the person doing the training. I've been to all the schools and had good and bad instructors at all of them.

Flight Training

Exactly, the training is only as good as the person doing the training. I've been to all the schools and had good and bad instructors at all of them.

I would have to agree..They all have good and bad instructors!! I never did like SimCom very much even with good instructors. Think it was the bad simulators.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back