Citabria/Decathlon Rental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear60Guy

After doing some aerobatic training recently in an Aerobat i think i've caught a bug. I am considering purchasing a citabra or a super decathlon. The only way i could justify it is if i used it to provide upset training, taildragger sign offs, and do some general aerobatic instruction. I would also like to rent it out, this is why i am leaning toward the citiabra, it seems it would be a bit cheaper in maint. and insurance and it is still aerobatic.

Has anybody ever owned either one of these? I am looking for information about costs mainly. Also would it be better to just handle renting the aircraft myself or set up some kind of leaseback? I work at an FBO so that may help me out if i decided to try the leaseback option. And how exactly does leaseback normally work. There isn't any aircraft like these for rent in my area so i think there would be a decent market.

thanks in advance.

Have you thought about a Cessna Aerobat Texas Taildragger?

It is a known trainer and all metal and about as cheap to operate as you will find.

It is a little harder to land and take off than a Citabria, but that makes it a good trainer.

Insurance is usually much higher fro tail dragger rentals... It would be on thing if you were using it on your own, but for leasebacks you may have a problem. If you want some good information about Citiabra's etc. call Ken Nierenberg @ Princeton Airport 908-921-3100. He is a dealer and has sold many of these and knows a ton about everything you asked. He can even set you up with info on leasebacks, insurance, etc... Tell him Jeff, his old flight instructor referred you and maybe you get some more answers.

PM me if you need more info, let me know how it goes. By they way, great airplanes I want one too, but the house comes first. I want a Super Decath though. Good luck

Latest resources

Back