• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cirrus Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots will have to have significant experience to purchase the jet though unlike the there piston aircraft, at least 150hrs total time........

Did I say that out load?

From a layman's point of view with a high school education something looks wrong about the CirrusJet....the CG.

They've taken a heavy piston powerplant out of the very front of the plane an replaced it with a somewhat lighter (I assume) turbine at the back. That's a HUGE shift in CG with seemingly no change in proportions.

I am not suggesting that Cirrus has taken this into account, merely that it would be a consideration if I were doodeling (sp?) on a napkin.

Lilah

Last edited:
Is that Cirrus picture really a manufacturer-created drawing, or someone having some fun with Photoshop? Looks like a SR-22 photoshopped, and I'm not sure a pressurized aircraft would have doors like that.

EDIT: It's a photoshop job - N338CD is a Cirrus SR-22.

Last edited:
Is that Cirrus picture really a manufacturer-created drawing, or someone having some fun with Photoshop? Looks like a SR-22 photoshopped, and I'm not sure a pressurized aircraft would have doors like that.

EDIT: It's a photoshop job - N338CD is a Cirrus SR-22.

Still makes a pretty slick looking jet! I think it looks better like that than as a single piston.:cool:

Still makes a pretty slick looking jet! I think it looks better like that than as a single piston.:cool:

I definitely agree - a bit like that attempt at a civilianized Cessna T-37 prototype. I don't think that it'd be possible, though, for the weight and balance reasons that Lilah suggested earlier. They'd have to do root-mounted engines to make those proportions work.

I definitely agree - a bit like that attempt at a civilianized Cessna T-37 prototype. I don't think that it'd be possible, though, for the weight and balance reasons that Lilah suggested earlier. They'd have to do root-mounted engines to make those proportions work.

Ahh, just stick a few hundred pounds of lead in the nose!:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back