• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cingular vs. Sprint

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sprint is ridiculous! It is normal for me to get voicemails a day later or not at all. I usually have to dial 2 or 3 times to connect and half the time it is scratchy. Maybe its my location but there is no way ill renew that contract.

I had absolutely horrible experience with Cingular Customer Service. I finally ended up writing the VP of customer service to complain, and I eventually received some credit.

Trying to get my phone repaired took 5 trips to Radio Shack and 4 trips to the Cingular customer service center. Although the phone was under warranty, they both refused to repair it claiming it was the other's responsibility.

At times, the service center had an hour wait to see a technician. I can drop my car off at the garage in five minutes, but it takes an hour to see someone about my cell phone.

In the end, I bought a surplus phone from a friend and had that one programmed. There are tons of them for sale on EBAY. Cingular never fixed the problem. It was only after many conversations and emails with their customer service and a letter to their VP that I received some credit for the months of unused airtime.

T-Mobile

I just switched from Sprint to T-mobile (formerly Voicestream). Why? Sprint had lousy calling plans and I was tired of being charged huge fees for roaming. I think I scored with T- mobile: 600 anytime minutes, unlimited weekend, a free phone, no charge to start the service. It was easy and I've got a boatload more minutes now. 39.99/month. I've used them all over Missouri, Illinois, Hawaii, California, Montana, Washingtion. Coverage has been as adevertised by their brochure. Glad I made the move.

One note if you are contemplating leaving sprint because you don't like their plans. Call them up and tell them you are terminating. When they ask you why, tell them it's because you don't like the plans. This lady made a huge offer that I would have taken had I known they would hook me up like. Good luck...

For what it's worth...

I currently use AT&T although I used to be with Verizon...

AT&T- I like my phone and I seem to have good coverage (unless I'm really out in the middle of nowhere). Customer support is decent (I'd say 6-7 out of 10). I've had some issues recently about mis-crediting my night/weekend minutes but aside from that I've been happy. Also, I just noticed that AT&T is now offering UNLIMITED anytime minutes on their new GSM network for $99/month. That's expensive, but if you talk a lot it may be worthwhile to investigate.

VERIZON- I had a LG phone which was OK at best. The sound quality was (in my opinion) weak and tinny and it had to be turned up all the way to hear anything (that's probably my ears though). Anyway, my biggest gripe was that my voice messages would arrive up to TWO days AFTER they were sent! That's a tough thing to live with and I ended up opting out of my plan for their phenomenal...uhhh...I mean NOMINAL fee;)

I have used Sprint the last few years, it is o.k. in the major cites but once you get outside the us you are sol.One of my crewmembers has t-mobile, the other day we were taxing out and the weather went below takeoff minimums at kef, he just called our dispatch from the airplane and we filed our takeoff alternate. Worked pretty good. He says that it works great all over the world.

Nextel

I've had sprint, and a family member worked for Sprint, and let me tell you: Terrible!
I live in the MidWest, have Nextel, and love it. May be a little more than sprint, price wise, but you get what you pay for. Sprint, 1 in every 3 calls were dropped calls. Haven't had one in the last year with Nextel.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back