Cincy crashpads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

Just wondering what the crashpad scenerio is for Cincy based pilots (Comair)...I know we'll probably be getting one after the first week of class but I heard there is one complex in particular (I thin k it was some sort of apartment complex) where most pilots and FA's go.... Also what is the approximate price for these crashpads? R they furnished?

Also if anyone else has a crashpad anywhere in Cincy I would like to know approximate price ranges and how close is every one to Cinergy Field??

Any and all info apreciated......

Roomate?

Good questions...I am also looking for the same information...I would like to rent a room or share an apartment in the area. Looks like the end of June or early July for the next classes according to Kathy Advent best guesses yesterday.....

Hey airlinepilot,

The advice I heard was that those in class will prob. get one going or we can check the bulletin board in ops. because they're will most likely be a ton of info there.
I come from a small commuter where even at our hub there were no crashpads to be had. So this will be my first crashpad experience. Looking forward to it for prob. the first month:cool:

Did you call Kathy this week? I talked to Linda last Thurs and posted what I knew and she had told me to call Kathy this week for the latest, but I haven't yet. if you called her this week then that'll save me the phone call..

c-ys

never mind,,, i guess highschool really was tough for me:D
I see on your post that you talked to her yesterday...sweet, I was guessing for late July early Aug. so that looks like better news.

Your instructor will give you a list of them in class. And, yes, the bulletin board in ops is full of them. Prices range from about $150./month for a shared room to almost $400. for a private room. Depends on how much you will be there. The flight attendants get a company paid apartment during training, but that has nothing to do with pilots. We have to find our own. Most of the complexes are full of crashpads, though.

Cinergy field is in Cincinnati, across the river. You can live over there if you want, but I would suggest you get a weapon, and buy a helicopter to get over all the traffic you will have to fight. I personally prefer a short drive to work, and a longer drive to get to recreational activities. Hope this helps you.

hey CRJ Flyer have you got your Cincy Reds Season tickets yet for next year, when they open up the new stadium?? should be a nice place to see a game!!!!! i drove thru cincy a few months ago and from what i could tell the area by cinergy field is 15 miles from the airport 25-35 mins away plus alot of rush hour traffic.. i have some friends that have a crash pad in kentucky, covington about 15 mins from airport..

Latest resources

Back