Cincinnati has worst screening..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydiverdriver

I heard on the news today that Cincinnati is number one, for TSA inspectors able to smuggle fake knives, guns and bombs into the airport. I feel so much safer now. Of course, nobody is safe, since planes fly from here to all over the world. Good luck everyone.

Screening By-Pass

Hey SDD,

Aren't the CMR folks fortunate enough to take the employee shuttle directly to the 'trailer park' and bypass the security screening checkpoint alltogether? I've stood in that maddening serpentine Disney line before to non-rev...none too fun.

On another note...any rumors on class dates? I heard two in July and three in Aug with a suspention in Sep for the Brasilia crews. I had the opportunity to fly the interview captains, Todd M. and Ralph M. in a Seminole here at CAA and had a real BLAST! We flew to the DeLand DZ for refreshments in the middle of the flight. Had them shoot their 1st GPS approach back into SFB, and rang the bell afterwards...whatta great group of people! I can't wait to come up!

Well, I don't think I should discuss security procedures on a public board.

As far as interviews and class dates, I'm sorry to say that I never hear about those things. They tell us about class dates for us, like transitioning florida crews, or upgrades, but not much about new hires. Good luck to you.

if you read the post "comair classes" you will find fact, not rumors.

as of now there are no classes posted on the company website for august, but of course that doesn't mean there aren't any...

what is a "suspention in Sep for the Brasilia crews"? what does that mean? brasilia crews have been tng since june 10th, and there are several classes scheduled between now and oct.

There must be some kind of mistake. Those CVG screener are top notch. After all, they spotted the nail file on my finger nail clippers last fall, and promptly broke it off & discarded it. Then kindly gave back the clippers, sans nail file.

Speaking of them taking things, I had a little tool pouch that had 2 screwdrivers in it, it was the little kind that have the handle that can be taken off and different screwdrivers placed in it. I have had that thing in my flight bag for months commuting all over and going through there they took it. I use the things to open some inspection panels on my plane during pre-flight. So much for carrying a screwdriver. Does anybody think that is a little excessive. I mean if you wanted to stab someone, wouldn't a strong ballpiont pen work just as well?

Sep Classes, Screwdrivers

D'oh! I should know better discussing security protocols here, sorry for the flub! I'll be more vigilent next time.

About the Sept. classes. Sharon paid a visit to CAA last week and said new hire classes will be put on hold in Sep. so the training dept. can devote all their time to Brasilia transitions. Just passin' what I've heard....

The good folks at CVG security almost had my fuel strainer as a souvenir last month when I went to visit family in STL. A young lady searched my bag and said she'd have to take it, but I pleaded my case as a CFI and showed her my company ID and licenses and she apologetically gave it back to me, kind of embarrassed she had raised the issue in the first place. As O'Reilly says "That's Ridiculous!"

Re: Sep Classes, Screwdrivers

Hovernut said:

The good folks at CVG security almost had my fuel strainer as a souvenir last month when I went to visit family in STL. A young lady searched my bag and said she'd have to take it, but I pleaded my case as a CFI and showed her my company ID and licenses and she apologetically gave it back to me, kind of embarrassed she had raised the issue in the first place. As O'Reilly says "That's Ridiculous!"

You travel on the airlines with a fuel strainer?

Latest resources

Back