• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cigar Companies??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is Thompson Cigar in TPA. They are managed by Southern Air Systems, locally known for hiring 800 pilots into right seats of jets and paying them $18-20K per year. Nuff said.
Also, a friend of mine who works for SAS was flying a King Air 200 out of OPF for a some cigar company. Worked monday-friday, following week off, Mon-Fri, ect...He said it was a good gig, and DID get free smokes...

Couple of points adding to the discussion.

General Cigar (aka Culbro as well as Gen Cig) operates a pretty new G-100. It replaced an early Astra, which replaced a Westwind II, which replaced a Westwind, which replaced a King Air 90, which I remember as far back as 1972 being operated out of Atlantic's hangar at TEB.

There was also a King Air 300 that was operated by the company that makes Macanudos (sorry, I don't smoke, so don't know the name of the company), registered in the Dominican Republic. This aircraft was stolen while in Miami for maintenance, sometime in the 1980's. I remember hearing a while later that the aircraft crashed somewhere in South America while smuggling drugs. It was replaced by a King Air 350, although I have no idea if that one is still current.

Latest resources

Back