CHQ vs. MESA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cadillac said:
Well, with mesa you have to wax johnny o's motorcycles once a month to get/keep the job.

With chitaco they make you buy a different uniform for each airline you fly for that day, but you get a shot at the 170/190.

It's kind of a toss-up.

Same uniform dumba$$.

E170GUPPYKILLER does NOT work for CHQ/RAH

Colgan what? At Colgan you will upgrade in 6 to 9 months, at ExpressJet you will be a CA in 8 years.......

I have to admit, Colgan was second on my list for that reason only. Plus I could have kept my engine out flows current.

ricketmt said:
Most of the FO's that are put on the 170 have a twisted perspective.

SNIP

FO says "That's good because I've been on this thing for like 6 months, and I wouldn't want you to bump me back from my upgrade, besides you probably wouldn't know what to do in this thing anyway."

I've always thought it was kinda funny the way some CHQ 170 F/O's like to look down their nose (if you'll pardon the expression) at the CHQ 145 F/O's. It's like "how's life in the LITTLE airplane??" They of course have the prerequisite ATP minimums, and assume that those of us in the 145 do not. We didn't HAVE 170's when 75% of the 145 F/O's were hired. Apparently, these assbags don't realize that 90% of the 145 F/O's are senior to 100% of the 170 F/O's, and we make the same money. Oh yeah, let's not forget; with the 145 being slowly phased out in favor of an all 170 type fleet, every ONE 145 we remove delays their upgrade by TEN people. Food for thought.

Last edited:
E170Guppykiller said:
Come join us at CHQ, you'll love the 170 and soon to be 190. It's the coolest jet out there by far!

thats what we think when you slow us down going into ORD. pick it up "coolest jet" boy.

ricketmt said:
E170GuppykillerCome join us at CHQ, you'll love the 170 and soon to be 190. It's the coolest jet out there by far!

I sometimes am sad to say I work for CHQ when I read crap like this. Most of the FO's that are put on the 170 have a twisted perspective.

An example: My crew got a van ride with a 170 crew on an overnight. 170 Captain and my captain know each other talking cordially. The 170 FO asks "So how come you haven't upgraded to the 170" Captain explains that he lives in STL and likes the 145, no commute, quality of life, etc... FO says "That's good because I've been on this thing for like 6 months, and I wouldn't want you to bump me back from my upgrade, besides you probably wouldn't know what to do in this thing anyway."

WTF Right. Well to me you are just like that guy. It is really embarrassing to have to work with people like this, so I hope he does grow up and gets a little respect.

Most? Thanks for that guy.

Cadillac said:
Well, with mesa you have to wax johnny o's motorcycles once a month to get/keep the job.

With chitaco they make you buy a different uniform for each airline you fly for that day, but you get a shot at the 170/190.

It's kind of a toss-up.

That is not true. At CHQ you wear the same uniform for whatever airline you fly. The only thing that may be different is if you transfer to a different certificate you may have a new name tag.

since the last one was so well received,

more chitaco facts:

You now have to designate which certificate you want to be on when you are hired. Seniority lists are locked for 2 years before you can transfer between chitaco, republick or shuttle america.

All emb-145's will be phased out in the next 7 years to 170/190's and seneca II's.

Pending the outcome of the America West/USair merger, all newhires may be furloughed in a 5-1 ratio for acquired J4J mid-atlantic pilots.

Latest resources

Back