• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ/U ... What Now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks as though we at MDA are getting the shaft. From the conf. call it sounds like Parker said that the "deal", meaning Wex/Rep and the 170's is still a go.

With that being said some guys (not me) around here think it will be a "change of control" and we (MDA guys) will go with the deal seniority and all bla bla bla.

Having been involved in a situation like this before (ALG to PDT situation), I feel that sometime this summer that we at MDA will see 2 or 3 planes per month leave and go to Rep/Wex. Thus MDA will furlough 20 or 30 of us at a time until we are no longer. I’m sure we will be offered positions at the bottom of Rep for starting pay. At the same time we MDA guys will go on furlough status with airways but everyone on furlough status will be shafted in the AWA deal thus once again we see the short end of the stick.

Also for us CEL guys at MDA it looks as though we will not be able to go back to PDT (unless we reapply, get hired and start over again).

At best it looks like an MDA pilot can look forward to a position at the bottom of CHQ, the street or starting over again somewhere else.

LearLove said:
At best it looks like an MDA pilot can look forward to a position at the bottom of CHQ, the street or starting over again somewhere else.

From what they told us at CHQ, worst case scenario seems to be 50% come to CHQ in a J4J program (half captains, half F/O's).

generaltso said:
They haven't purchased the "MDA division of U"

jaybird said:
US Airways previously negotiated a deal to sell its MidAtlantic unit to Republic Airways, and Kirby expects that deal to go through, but nothing is final.

Havn't most of the U J4J guys already either turned down, or accepted a position in the program...Isn't that it? Also, havn't most of them turned down the offers from CHQ for J4J when it was for the 145? Do they have to offer the program again, once it was turned down?

Last edited:
The current J4J agreement at CHQ/Republic only applies to a limited number of 145 aircraft. It is my understanding that a new J4J vote would have to be voted on by the pilot group. I don't see it passing now that the CHQ pilots own all the Republic Airways Holdings flying. I see a staple or pref hiring for any MDA pilots coming over. Remember the option to transfer EMB170 aircraft is an Airways option, not a done deal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back