Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ/REP, Bedford sells off a large amount of shares???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe because they aren't worth anything... Or at least shouldn't be.

How a Regional Feeder can be worth more than its Mainline contractor is totally beyond me.

You obviously have NO CLUE about the stock market. The actual price of a stock has no bearing on how much value it has. A stock priced at $3.00 could be considered much more expensive that a stock priced at $95.00. You have to look at is price to earning ratio (P/E) to determine growth as well as the companies outstanding shares. In this case, you could say Republic (RJET) is overvalued at $13.00, meaning its not worth paying 13 for it. Most investors say that with RJET's Low P/E ratio and current outstanding shares, it might be worth $13.00. Do some homework.

As for the selling of the shares. I havent heard of Bedford cashing in on his stock. I know that with some companies preffered stock, executives are required to sell it within a certain amount of time, like when they did the IPO. Bedford recieved an amount of shares initially, then was required to sell it within a couple of days of the IPO.

Wexford capital no longer owns a controlling share of RJET as a result of their recent stock offering.

Please forgive the spelling.....

Go to yahoo finance an type in RJET if you are interested in filtering out the crap on this site. You can click on major shareholders on the left hand side and see who holds what and how much.

Bedford exercised 50,000 shares on sept. 1 2005 worth about 500,000. He still owns somewhere in the nieghborhood of 300,000 shares. This amount of sell-off is hardly something to be alarmed about and is a normal function of any investor.

It looks like our illustrious leader has been selling around 25,000 shares a month all year, grossing around $300k monthly. What a good, caring, Christian, filthy rich basterd he is..

..CT

Chip said:
You obviously have NO CLUE about the stock market. The actual price of a stock has no bearing on how much value it has. A stock priced at $3.00 could be considered much more expensive that a stock priced at $95.00. You have to look at is price to earning ratio (P/E) to determine growth as well as the companies outstanding shares. In this case, you could say Republic (RJET) is overvalued at $13.00, meaning its not worth paying 13 for it. Most investors say that with RJET's Low P/E ratio and current outstanding shares, it might be worth $13.00. Do some homework.

As for the selling of the shares. I havent heard of Bedford cashing in on his stock. I know that with some companies preffered stock, executives are required to sell it within a certain amount of time, like when they did the IPO. Bedford recieved an amount of shares initially, then was required to sell it within a couple of days of the IPO.

Wexford capital no longer owns a controlling share of RJET as a result of their recent stock offering.

Please forgive the spelling.....

Oh please don't lecture me.

NO REGIONAL FEEDER deserves to be more valuable than its mainline contractor PERIOD.

If the contractor goes the way of the Dodo so does the feeder.

Get a grip my man. CHQ/RP is in NO WAY worth anything if its mainline partners are worth nothing (and they are all pretty much worthless). It's COMMON SENSE not an MBA that tells you this.

Chicken Taco said:
It looks like our illustrious leader has been selling around 25,000 shares a month all year, grossing around $300k monthly. What a good, caring, Christian, filthy rich basterd he is..

..CT

He is a first class pr*ck all the way.

Mesaba warned us when he came over....

I was there when he "came over" and heard the warnings from the Mesaba guys since I jumpseated with them often. As a line grunt pilot you most likely learn to hate him, but his job isn't to be popular with pilots. He was brought in by Wexford to grow the company and eventually take it public. He succeeded, plain and simple. Say whatever you want about him but CHQ doesn't even closely resemble the company I worked for (6/99 hire date). And that's only been 6 years...

Yeah, that whole capitalism thing really sucks, don't it? :rolleyes:

The selling of shares is to secure more postions on 170 and now 190 ejets, as per Aviation International News.. Sorry all you regional guys who are not with CHQ, They are the hottest, most inovative and fastest growing and best regional in the country and possibly the world. Bedford has created a one of kind company that will fill the need specifically tailored to each codeshare. You can say what you will but, the growth,future and numbers say it all.

hellas said:
The selling of shares is to secure more postions on 170 and now 190 ejets, as per Aviation International News.. .

.....so your saying Bedford sold is OWN PERSONAL shares (cause that's what this thread has been referring to so far) so he could fund more airplanes.

I will not be surprised to see orders for more 170's & 190's.....but I would also not be surprised to see a big sh*t sandwich end up in CHQ's picnic basket. Skywest, ASA, and Mesa are most likely protected from seeing any Delta backlash. That leaves Comair and CHQ. If Comair gets sold to Mesa like I hear a bunch of guys laughing about (a$$holes).....Mesa will probably work the same deal as Skywest and Comair would also be protected.......who does that leave. I'm not saying CHQ is f*cked, but I'm saying it has the potential to be in regards to the 135/145.

Piker

Last edited:
Oh please don't lecture me.

NO REGIONAL FEEDER deserves to be more valuable than its mainline contractor PERIOD.

If the contractor goes the way of the Dodo so does the feeder.

Get a grip my man. CHQ/RP is in NO WAY worth anything if its mainline partners are worth nothing (and they are all pretty much worthless). It's COMMON SENSE not an MBA that tells you this

LegacyDriver,
I'll try and clarify for you, even though it looks like you dont care if you are wrong.
Just because the PRICE of a regional stock is higher than the price of a major carrier stock it does not mean that it has more value, it does not even mean that it is more expensive. Price has nothing to do with ANYTHING unless you buy or sell. Warren Buffet never looks at the price of a stock, ever. In theory, Delta could be at $95.00 right now and still be worth nothing!!! Re-read my first post about figuring out the value, and pricing of a stock. Also, being a deserving company doesnt have anything to do with economics or the stock market. The stock market has NO emotion.

RJET might be down the tubes if its partners are as well, but the company still seems to make a profit and capitalize at the expense of their partners. The Majors have never been in such a decline as the past 4 years and RJET has never gorwn like it has in the past 4 years. Deserving or not, it has no bearing on the issue.
I dont have an MBA by the way, just an economics degree, and these concepts are covered in the basic classes as a freshman.

I would like to know something else too. Why is it that when anybody takes advantage of this capatalistic economy, people get angry? Its what our economy has been based on forever and its one of the beauties of this country. Plus, if anyone else was in a position to cash out and make some money within the market, I'm sure they would do the same thing as Bedford (probably in a smaller way though) Can you really not see past the tip of your noses?

Latest resources

Back