• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chq/rah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic will have a class on Jan 22 with 32 total new positions (16 CA and 16 FO slots). There will be a HUGE class in Feburary. 36 CA and 36 FO positions for a total of 72 new positions in Feb. They are really gearing up for the 175 deliveries...

Where are the 175 bases? IND, DCA, PIT?

If interviewing with Republic in IND before the Jan 22 class date, can you expect to offered the 170 if hired? Don't they have to start filling the CRP base?

There will be classes for all 3 planes every month for the months to come. They will offer you which ever one they need filled, sometimes giving you the option between planes and dates.

FYI, I would expect the upgrade time for current new hires to be probably 5+ years. Take that in consideration when making your decision. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

FYI, I would expect the upgrade time for current new hires to be probably 5+ years. Take that in consideration when making your decision. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Whats the reason for that? Are people deciding on not moving on anymore and just sticking it out for the 170/175? If thats the case attrition will slow big time. I could see both sides of the fence as why someone would stay ay a regional but still.

Whats the reason for that? Are people deciding on not moving on anymore and just sticking it out for the 170/175? If thats the case attrition will slow big time. I could see both sides of the fence as why someone would stay ay a regional but still.

A lot of the captains here are content. Most of the CAs qualified to move on aren't even looking for another job. The people with 5 years seniority are in the top 15-20% of the company, mostly living in base, getting good schedules, happy with their QOL. We are approaching 1600 pilots, very little attrition off the top, and it is no secret that BB wants to get rid of the ERJ145. Some are already being removed from service. Many people have the misconception that the new 170/175 aircraft are growth-- in reality, they are probably going to be replacements. I don't expect this pilot group to get much larger than 2000-2400 pilots. If that is the case, a person being hired right now will need approximately 400-600 senior pilots to leave, or the pilot group needs to grow to 3200. Does anyone really think either of these two things is going to happen in 2 years? I have been at CHQ for 4 years and have only moved up about 120 spots, and have 1200 pilots underneath me. We have been crazy nuts hiring over that period of time-- an average of 300 pilots a year. If we are to grow to 3200 pilots, you are looking at 5.5 years (with no attrition, of course), but that's not going to happen. I hope for the sake of the group that the upgrade is shorter than that, but the numbers just don't support it. Average upgrade time right now is running 2.5 to 3 years (except for CRP CRJ which went exceptionally junior). This is twice as long as upgrade time was a year ago. And it's only going to get worse. I talked to a newhire FO recently that told me that he would be upgrading on the 170 in a year and a half. I tried really hard not to laugh, but it didn't work.

Good luck to all and I hope I'm wrong with my assessment :)

ERJpusher,

It's true that not alot have been leaving off the top 30%, but below that, in the junior capt and senior FO ranks, people are leaving. IAir guys have been leaving for NetJets, etc. and just about 80% of the capts that I fly with have been talking about moving on - many have apps in at WN and DAL, nevermind FedEx and UPS. This place is the same as any other regional - some lifers, but alot just waiting for the flood gates to open. The senior guys on the 145 tend to love their QOL (day trips, good skeds, live in base), but why do you think BB likes to open and close bases? One reason, is to keep attrition going - look at MCO and the guys who were lifers a year ago, now how many are talking about moving on, I'll bet more than a few.
I've been consistently moving up 20-30 #s per month, so someone is leaving - maybe it's J4J guys, I don't know.

Don't forget about J4J. They should be gone in about 2 yrs. We should lose about 300 in the next 24 months.

I have been at RAH for 20 months and have gone from 1306 on the list to 1174.(The J4J guys are all Junior to me. expect for the orginal 8 that came over 3 to 4 years ago.)
It depends on where you are in the list on how much you move. If you're a 5+ year Capt a RAH, those guys aren't moving up much. But they do have a lot of us below them.

I would have to agree with TAWS there is still quite a bit of movement, it's just middle of the list. If you're in the top 400 you are seeing little to no movement. Down low like me, the list is moving on up.

In Dec we had 1602 total pilots, this month we're down to 1584.
Best of Luck you you.

Latest resources

Back