Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptainChris77

Does anyone know the following info:
1. What bases they are hiring into right now?
2. Equipment?
3. How senior/junior is RIC? DCA?
4. Benefits---what are their benefits like? (i.e. travel, insurance, etc)?
5. How many pilots are they expecting to hire in 2007?

Thanks for the info guys!

I can't answer all your questions, but somebody will shortly. If you want RIC, you have to get the CHQ 145. There are serious RUMORS that RIC will close shortly. If you want DCA, you have to get offered a Republic 170 class. Once you get in said class, be prepared to wait in a long line to get DCA.

I am currently in training with Republic. All except two people wanted DCA, only one got it and he's J4J. The rest of us got IND, which is a two-leg commute from RIC (it sounds like you might live around there).

The way to go is to take a 145 class (if offered) and try for RIC. Somebody said recently that it's gettting senior, but some people get it assigned right out of training.

I haven't heard how many they plan to hire this year, but I'm willing to say several hundred. The Republic class that started today had 42 people in it. If you want to fly a CRJ be prepared to go to Corpus Christi.

Clear as mud? Like I said, this thread will probably go long with flamers and complainers, but you'll get the other info you want.

RIC, according to rumor has been closing for over three years. IMHO it is the safest base other than Indy. It IS senior for fos. but no reason you couldnt get it eventually. Dont know about DCA but PIT is very senior.

As far as CRP goes, it is expected to be a jr base because of the lack of commutibility and the fact that the town SUCKS

Just get in as soon as you can, take what ever you can get and figure it out when you upgrade... Shouldnt take too long.

charliehooo you can't spell

Does anyone know the following info:
1. What bases they are hiring into right now?
2. Equipment?
3. How senior/junior is RIC? DCA?
4. Benefits---what are their benefits like? (i.e. travel, insurance, etc)?
5. How many pilots are they expecting to hire in 2007?

You thinking about jumping ship?

You thinking about jumping ship?

I got a call from Republic the other day (I applied there before AWAC--in June---declined the interview when I got hired at AWAC and she was just "checking in" and offered an interview again.) Anyways have some friends that are interviewing at Republic, and another carrier. I'm going to stay at AWAC---just wanted to see what the deal was over there. I can't afford to go to Republic, and I don't want to vouluntarily turn into a commuter. I live in RIC, and its an easy drive for me to get to ORF/DCA.... but totally not worth it to go to CHQ/Republic and commute to Indy/CRP.

Republic will have a class on Jan 22 with 32 total new positions (16 CA and 16 FO slots). There will be a HUGE class in Feburary. 36 CA and 36 FO positions for a total of 72 new positions in Feb. They are really gearing up for the 175 deliveries...

Latest resources

Back