• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ ORL and FLL bases downsizing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its true, they were downsized 3 or 4 months ago when delta made all their cuts. we have been overstaffed since then, but there are new 145 upgrades in progress now.

i dont beleive that the FL flying will come back to summer 05' levels, ever.

I heard that MCO and FLL were closing and ATL and CVG were opening... Also heard that PHX was opening as a Republic 170 base. Makes sense seeing that mesa as been reducing PHX so much.

Anyone know if it's true that ASA will be opening an MCO crew base? Would make sense if CHQ is closing that down.

JJs Cantina said:
Also heard that PHX was opening as a Republic 170 base. Makes sense seeing that mesa as been reducing PHX so much.
Nobody around PHX has heard that rumor. Considering USAirways mainline will be flying the 190s soon I doubt a new codeshare for 170s will begin.

TWA Dude said:
Nobody around PHX has heard that rumor. Considering USAirways mainline will be flying the 190s soon I doubt a new codeshare for 170s will begin.

Thats funny, because Republic is already flying 170's for US Air... ever heard "Brickyard" over the radio... Sorry, but get with the times.

Rumours at ASA are MCO, IAD, CVG. Mostly wishful thinking I think.

Just rumour right now about the CVG and ATL bases at CHQ. MCO and FLL are pretty brought down to the level they will be at. Alot of the FL flying is now done thru SDF/IND/CMH. But I think that for now MESA/Freedom is the only one that has opened a MCO base. Hopefully that will be gone and we can get our flying back in MCO and FLL.

Beware of "our flying" the General will search and find you....Then tell you it's not your flying. I've noticed on this board you must be very careful of wording. You will hurt someones feelings

Latest resources

Back