CHQ or XJT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kc1

Trying to choose between the two. Any opinions about pros and cons of each airline (i.e. pay, QOL, upgrade, stability, bases, reserve). How does it look at CHQ if US Airways liquidates? How much growth at CHQ, with and without US Airways? Thanks for the help.

Both are good companies and will treat you well. I would not venture to say that XJT is a much better company all around, but a better company in some areas. XJT's new contract is better than CHQ in terms of pay, and are equal in regards to work rules. I would say XJT is a safer bet because of Continental's financial situation, which isnt all that great but better than CHQ's partners. CHQ has treated me very well for the past year, but if I had to do it over again I would pick XJT just for the stability.

Chip said:
XJT's new contract is better than CHQ in terms of pay, and are equal in regards to work rules.

The XJT MEC told its pilots that our contract is the "Richest in the 50 seat industry".

ALPA is never wrong, so you'd better check your facts, brother.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Their are several Contingency plans at CHQ so if the unfort happens, we will see.

New Hire FO in the right seat of the embraer 170..cant beat that

Have a couple of friends who work for Xjet and they enjoy it a lot. I like Chautauqua, everyone is really professional and been having a lot of fun on the 170.

As far as pay is concerned Xjet tops CHQ's.

However, one thing I really like about CHQ is no airport reserve. 1.5 hour callout is not bad especially if you live on base. There's a variety of bases to choose from also.

Exposure to Airways is a concern but so is everything else in this business. Good Luck to you. If you decide on CHQ welcome aboard!

There will be furloughs when Airways liquidates, but just for a short period of time. Management has numerous contingency plans for when Airways goes away. Actually I've been told they have been planning on it for years and I'm sure the planes wont be down for too long. At this point in time I would try for XJT still. Oh yeah, dont worry about the upgrade times because they change by the month. Its really a gamble to pick a company that will upgrade quickly in the future, so dont even try right now. But, stay away from Eagle unless you want to sit right seat for a decade.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back