• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ or XJT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't bother with Xjet. CHQ has alot better options up thepipeline thenXjet. Run to CHQ and you will be better off. Trust me I'm just finshingmy 4.5 year sentence in the right seat. While you are there atCHQ take a look at your 70 seat pay check, realize how bad it is, andmotivate yourself to help make things much better next time around...

Last edited:
Ben Franklin said:
The XJT MEC told its pilots that our contract is the "Richest in the 50 seat industry".

ALPA is never wrong, so you'd better check your facts, brother.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA That's the funniest thing I have read all day! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Go with the ChickenTaco

I would go to CHQ simply because they are smaller than XJet so I would think the upgrade oppurtunity would come faster. Think of it like this...if an airline has 10 pilots and you are the next one hired, it only takes one airplane (assume typical 10 pilots per airplane) for you to be close to the top 50% of the seniority list and be guaranteed a Captain's slot. If, however, they have 100 pilots and you are hired as 101, it's going to take ten airplanes to get to the same place. Of course the same logic holds true no matter how big the numbers get. I think CHQ has around 1200 pilots so it will take 120 new aircraft for that magic 50% mark. I think Xjet has around 2000 pilots, so it would take 200 new aircraft for the same relative position.

Either way, thats a lot of new aircraft and I doubt either airline will reach that mark anytime soon. I do think, however, that CHQ is better positioned to reach that number or at least get close. They are the only regional (well except for MidAtlantic) flying the E-170 and it's definitely the aircraft of the future so they should be poised for more growth. Even with the USAir wild card, I think they will quickly get over it and prosper. Don't get me wrong...Xjet is a great company but the highest regional FO pay will never beat the pay and career options you get with being a captain. I know this doesn't take attrition into account but on that front, CHQ has more junior people then Xjet so if hiring does pick up at the majors, I would think you would move faster there. I think CHQ is a slam dunk in this case but its just my opinion. Hope the helps!

nimtz said:
Don't bother with Xjet. CHQ has alot better options up thepipeline thenXjet. Run to CHQ and you will be better off. Trust me I'm just finshingmy 4.5 year sentence in the right seat. While you are there atCHQ take a look at your 70 seat pay check, realize how bad it is, andmotivate yourself to help make things much better next time around...

nimtz,

For what it is worth, our "new hires" that were hired one year ago will be captains less than one year from today. That is less than 2 years to upgrade to Captain here at XJT for pilots hired 1 year ago. Not too bad. Now roughly 600 pilots have been hired since then so for someone hired today, the number is going to be different obviously.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
nimtz,

For what it is worth, our "new hires" that were hired one year ago
-Neal

Ahhh that's not really a newhire then. Indy newhires that were hired in 2002 are street captains now.:rolleyes:

AirBoard said:
Ahhh that's not really a newhire then. Indy newhires that were hired in 2002 are street captains now.:rolleyes:

Well I consider someone on probation a "new hire." If you are with Indy, put your stuff in with us and you will have a streamlined intervew in the very near future.

-Neal

I'm hoping I can manage to squeeze in before the slowdown. Would be nice to be PIC someday.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back