CHQ or PSA People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

back

a few questions. first, i have been in the pool at chq for about a year now and got a call 3 weeks ago from them to verify that i still wanted to be in the pool. I had an interview with psa and talked with a person who had a friend who interviewed 2 months ago and is now in class. this does not make sence. i am confused as to why someone who interviewed 2 months ago is now in class and people in the pool still have not been called. for the psa stuff, looks like they will get jets and alot of them. looks like alot of growth ahead, but i have questions for those of you at psa (i am trying to make a decesion as to which one to go to ) does psa have a 401k package ? this was not discussed when i was in dayton. Also as sad as it may seem, what can a first year fo figure on take home pay including perdiem.? any info from eithr chq or psa people would be of great help . if you get based in cmh at chq, can you have travel passes on us air or only the code share you fly for ? At psa what are the pay scales for the Jet fo and capt. ? any info or input would help alot in trying to decide which one to go to.

Hope this helps:

1. Yes we have a 401K

2. Reserve gaurantee is 72 hours with $1.30 per hour per diem

3. First year FO pay $20.00, year 2 $25.24

4. 3 year Do-328 Captain $47.49

5. 3 year RJ Captain $60.30

6. FO rates on the RJ is about $.25 more

7. upgrade is more or less 2 years

If you decide on PSA, I would get here before we get our first RJ and Jets-for-Jobs starts. Technically, you would be senior to all furloughed Usair mainline pilots, but they get to fill 50% of all RJ positions. I've been hearing anywhere from 60 to 90 ERJs, on top of the 30 Do-328s.

Good Luck!

thanks for the info. is the 72 hr gareentee the same when you are off of reserve or does it go to 75 ?

How long does PSA plan on operating the 328s, and if they park one 328 for every one RJ they recieve will a junior PSA pilot be fourloughed in order to make room for a USAir pilot?

Thanks for any info.

Anybody's guess how the furlough cards will fall, but it zeemzda me that with j4j requiring 1/2 the jet seats go to mainline guys, PSA would need to double the 328 fleet with jets or be 50% overstaffed.

Hey Bluestreaking,

Where did you get the pay rate for a 3 year DO-328 C/A.
I've been here for almost 4 years and my paycheck says 43.00 an hour and with the pay cut in effect now it will say $42 and change.

Please keep in mind that there are PSA pilots here that are not as bitter as Meanstreaking.

Latest resources

Back