CHQ news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILS2DH

Haven't heard much lately about CHQ. Are you guys still hiring? I heard a rumor that they were offering COLAs due to reduction in 145 flying. Any truth? Any word on new flying?

ILS2DH said:
Haven't heard much lately about CHQ. Are you guys still hiring? I heard a rumor that they were offering COLAs due to reduction in 145 flying. Any truth? Any word on new flying?

It's BS. They did tell us that but it's mostly company headgames. A friend of mine talked to our director of crew planning and he told him that there was no way he could approve too many requests for leaves.

I'm on reserve and get called constantly to fly. We have tons of hours that go unassigned every month on the 170's. We are way short on 170 pilots.

You're talking about 170 flying, he's asking about 145 flying. I heard the same rumor regarding voluntary leave for the EMB145s.

We're significantly backed up on training capacity for the 170 fleet. Sim time has been harder to come by than expected until FSI gets their sims up, which should be next spring. The 145 has been reduced slightly, and is currently overstaffed. The company will approve leaves on the 145 through the end of the year, until training has some time to catch up to the demand. The available 170 guys are working like crazy.

..CT

I have an interview comin up at CHQ, I have enough time for the 170, if I get on will I have a pretty good shot at getting based at ORD, that is where I live. Also I see they are hiring into a pool, anyword on how long guys are waiting to get a class??

We sure don't seem to be fat on pilots. I'm a 145 FO on reserve and I nearly timed out in 6 days. However, I think thats just a CMH base thing.

Latest resources

Back