CHQ Min's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NCaviator said:
IF CHQ is accepting lower mins,what about 1100TT and 375ME w BE400 type rating and currently a guard guy with C-130 experience?

Shouldn't you be going to Fedex or SWA! I mean you are a guard guy.

NCaviator said:

Sorry NCaviator it was a joke you have to grow thick skin if you are going to post on here! I am at XJT and we are hiring with 500/100 minimums until the middle of this year rumor has it!

Seriously you are getting close to the minimums to be hired at Continental! If you want to work at CAL don't come to XJT you are better off with another regional.

Last edited:
CHQ has hired under minimums for the 145 in the past but it looks like they are tightening the reigns. Strictly 1500/300 for 145. In fact there were a couple of people under minimums in the pool for the 145. They were called last week for the 145 May 1 class. When Linda found out they were under 1500/300 they were told that a mistake was made.

Things might have changed these days, but I know in the past they made some allowances on total time/ME time if it could be made up in other ways. This is especially true if you can get a resume walked in and a recommendation...I did it for a friend with low multi time (about 150), but higher total time (2000TT) a year ago.

With Guard experience and some good multi time they might overlook the low total time....it can't hurt to try.

As for the mistake of putting people in a 145 class with low time...are you sure you're not confusing that with a 170 class? I just had a friend get put into a 145 class. He was originally told 170 and given all the information over the phone. When he mentioned his time and asked if the 170 mins had been lowered, Linda responded "sorry, my mistake" and put him in a 145 class.

It can be tough at times to depend on the guard...I'd rather be a guard bum then go for fedex, ups, etc, but the pay is unpredictable and I'll only get 350-500 hours a year if I'm lucky unless the current tempo changes.

Latest resources

Back