CHQ is all jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UEJ500 said:
you guys are just plain rude, Its one thing to think that,but if you really thought it wasn't a big deal why did you take the time to write your lengthy disertation? Let me compliment your eloquence!!!

Our problem is with their management not their pilots. Low balling brings the industry down just when we are trying to bring it up, but, of course, you are not an airline pilot are you?
Eloquent enough, squire?

For starters, please understand that my feelings are toward your management, not the pilots.

That being said:

frqntflyr said:
hmmm....i guess through metro's eyes skywest and aca are whores too.

If the shoe fits....

frqntflyr said:
Would Air whiskey be whores now also?? since all that matters is cost why didn't chq or some other whore of an airline get airtran??

Since AirTran has only one new regional partner (read thin portfolio) they didn't have to shop price as much. Anyone they got would be less expensive. I am sure they were more concerned with a decent quality product, and the ability to start operating on short notice. I would imagine that Air Whisky offers a decent service and had extra capacity that they could put to work immediately, hence they got the nod.

frqntflyr said:
So who do you fly for? Righteous Air?

No, I fly for ASA. We fly under one code...DAL.

Metro,

Sorry I'm not sitting at my computer with clenched fists and smoke steaming out my ears. I haven't yet entered the realm of the jaded, burnt-out airline pilot.

When I finally do join your ranks, after I've been walked on, spat at, beat up, and starved, then maybe we can see eye-to-eye since I'll have placed more importance on the things I can't control instead of my family, friends, passions, and pasttimes. I can't wait!

...Unless your passion is being p!ssed off, then good luck getting a 1st class medical when you're 40.

slapstick said:
Metro,

Sorry I'm not sitting at my computer with clenched fists and smoke steaming out my ears. I haven't yet entered the realm of the jaded, burnt-out airline pilot.

When I finally do join your ranks, after I've been walked on, spat at, beat up, and starved, then maybe we can see eye-to-eye since I'll have placed more importance on the things I can't control instead of my family, friends, passions, and pasttimes. I can't wait!

...Unless your passion is being p!ssed off, then good luck getting a 1st class medical when you're 40.

I'm not angry. I just don't understand the shortsightedness of some of the contract carriers. It will have a negative affect on all our carreers as the flying is spread to multiple subcontractors.

There is no need for you to get angry, but perhaps with a little more exposure, you may begin to understand the issues a little.

Metro,

Aren't you the working for a company that operates under some other companies code? Don't you do it for a lot less?

I humbly suggest that those living in glass houses should not cast stones.

Super

Metro,

I forgot to add that "There is no need for you to get angry, but perhaps with a little more exposure, you may begin to understand the issues a little."

Hope I didn't knock you off that high horse you are sitting on.

Super

slapstick said:
Metro,

When I finally do join your ranks, after I've been walked on, spat at, beat up, and starved, then maybe we can see eye-to-eye

Slapstick,

If you haven't done the above then maybe you should bite your tongue until you have entered the realm of the jaded. I once sat with your time in this business, and asked friends how they were all bent around the axil at age 30. I would never let that happen to me, foolish people. Just wait.

Maybe you will be the ONE who can put this all aside and not get emotional, but considering how quick you were to judge Metro and say your piece of mind, I don't give you too long.

AAflyer
The "JADED" Flyers club (motto; Who pissed in your wheates)

super ed said:
Metro,

Aren't you the working for a company that operates under some other companies code? Don't you do it for a lot less?

I humbly suggest that those living in glass houses should not cast stones.

Super

In a manner of speaking, yes. However the big difference is that we are owned by the company whose code we fly. We are actively seeking to find a solution to division between the mainline and DCI.

The same cannot be said for the contractors. They are being used to prevent the cooperation between the pilot groups.

I really do agree with some of what Metro is saying... and I hate seeing pilots p!ssed at other pilots. I just fell into the same trap. But don't you see that mgmt loves this? You turn pilots against each other, then you have found a way to channel their anger and hostility away from those who are really responsible for our anguish. kinda like voting? ;-)

I would think that contract carriers will continue to undercut each other because this is capitalism. No one ever promised that competition would breed ethical business practice and satisfied labor groups. CEO's didn't become CEO's because of thier compassion for the workers.

slapstick said:
I really do agree with some of what Metro is saying... and I hate seeing pilots p!ssed at other pilots. I just fell into the same trap. But don't you see that mgmt loves this? You turn pilots against each other, then you have found a way to channel their anger and hostility away from those who are really responsible for our anguish. kinda like voting? ;-)

I would think that contract carriers will continue to undercut each other because this is capitalism. No one ever promised that competition would breed ethical business practice and satisfied labor groups. CEO's didn't become CEO's because of thier compassion for the workers.

Make no mistake. It is not the pilots with whom we should be upset. The companies are the ones who are doing the undercutting. All the pilots can strive to do is work together toward a common goal. That goal being to eliminate the attractiveness of outsourcing by raising the standards of each contract, and if possible, secure contractual rights (scope) to the feed they provide. In theory this would help eliminate the threat of whipsaw.

What I don't like to see is pilots who brag that they are providing feed to 4 different carriers. They make it sound like diversification is a positive. It isn't. It serves only to undermine the contract gains that the existing carriers have fought so hard for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back