• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bdfg1 said:
What a crying shame.

foreverfo said:
Sometimes things are too good to be true...there goes the rapid movement up the food chain at a bottom feeder!

Very nice. Let's all revel in the misfortune of others.

Axel said:
Very nice. Let's all revel in the misfortune of others.

Wow two pages on this.....I think you guys are moving a little fast aren't you? I don't think any REAL bad news has even been announced yet.

Everyones just so anxious to see others join them in thier misery.

While I'd like to see the very small portion of CHQ pilots that run around loud mouthing about how much better off they have it humbled, I do not not need to hear about any more pilots hitting the streets.

Just when you get done eating the sh*t mgmt forces down your throat is just about the time you start wondering when is it going to be my turn AGAIN.

Sure am glad I left PDT for this...

LOL!

some of you guys just really love this stuff. I wish I had a centavo for every post pronouncing airways DOA.

I feel bad for OldManPilot. He sounds like a crusty old captain from the 70's. All these years in aviation and he' still flying for a crappy commuter.

747Rubani said:
I feel bad for OldManPilot. He sounds like a crusty old captain from the 70's. All these years in aviation and he' still flying for a crappy commuter.
"Old" is a relative term in this business, what with 22 year olds in 70 seaters. I am considered "old" at 45. It is quite possible that he was sitting in a TWA or USAir jet, well on his way to the brass ring when due to the actions of others the rug got pulled out from under him and he landed at the same place he was 15 years ago.

You have displayed considerable ignorance with your mocking post, Maybe some day when you are "old" you will have gained the knowledge and experience to understand.

Last edited:
I just hope I get the chance to grow old.
OldManPilot is telling the truth. The company has asked for pilots to take Time off without pay. Which can be taken for up 30 days. To my surprise they have had a lot of takers that wanted nothing more but to take a couple of weeks for Vacation.
There have been no talks about furlws and we hope it doesn't come to that.
Best of Luck!

MEMO

DATE: October 14, 2005
TO: All Chautauqua Pilots
REF: Time Off Without Pay

With all the volatility in the airline industry presently and the reduction in the amount of flight hours offered to us by our code share partners, we find ourselves with an overabundance of 145(family)qualified pilots. So we don’t get into the position of thinking about “furlough,” we wish to encourage pilots who may want some “time off without pay” to please contact Crew Planning with your request.

To help with your decision, Personal Leaves will be in accordance with Article 12 of the current agreement. If “Time Off Without Pay” for a period of 30 days or less is desired, the following guidelines will apply:
• It will be treated as an unpaid vacation.
• All accruals will continue, i.e., seniority, longevity etc.
• All benefits will remain in place including travel.
• Pilot must keep in contact with the company for bidding of schedules and training requirements etc.
• Extension of the leave period will be considered at the appropriate time.

Leaves and “Time Off Without Pay” will be granted beginning in the month of November ’05 and this offer is good until further notice.

Please contact Crew Planning with any questions.

I've heard this from pilots at CHQ also, some who have been in communications with the recruiting department. Also... I know a few people who had class dates for the E145 that were cancelled about a month ago, and have been placed back in a hiring pool. The latest news they were able to obtain is that there will be no E145 classes in the forseeable future, and that pilots are being offered voluntary leave time. If the E145 is overstaffed, I'd imagine some of the E145 crewmembers out of seatlock will get to move to the 170 before any new-hire action is going to happen...

assuming the company follows the contract and doesn't furlough out of seniority, wouldn't be a problem if the original upgrade classes weren't cancelled for the saab shuttle guys.

Latest resources

Back