Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jumppilot

Something in a box
I have a buddy who is going through indoc for TSA now. Their chief pilot told the class that TSA had the United deal locked up, but lost it and it is going over to CHQ, to include 170s.

I don't know if their chief pilot knows CHQs plans, but interesting news none the less.

That may be true but, this probably has more to do with TSA Mgt. trying to put pressure on the pilots to agree to below avg pay rates for the 170.

A dispute over payscales for the 70 seaters. The C.P. Claimed we lost the 70 seat deal not the whole United deal. They wanted the union to agree to a payscale that was only $2 an hr more for captains and less than $1 an hr more for fo's. This is BS. This was for the EMB 170 (70 Seats) and for the EMB 175 (86 seats ). CHQ pays their pilots more in fact SR. CA on the 145 makes $103 an hour!!! TSA's SR. CA max was 82.55 for the 170/175. Thats $20 an hr less to fly an AC with 20 to 36 more seats (if you're a SR CA). Were not going to give the company an inch until they are willing to pay us what we are worth.

TSA Pilot

Last edited:
TSA pilot is right

Unlike Mesa, Trans States pilots stand up for themselves and their pay rights.

About TSA losing contract with United, I don't know how much truth that holds. TSA just got 10 more EMBs on the United side (total of 20 now).... CQH got none so far

jumppilot said:
I have a buddy who is going through indoc for TSA now. Their chief pilot told the class that TSA had the United deal locked up, but lost it and it is going over to CHQ, to include 170s.

I don't know if their chief pilot knows CHQs plans, but interesting news none the less.

the irony to me is the CHQ management implied (CEO in a company memo) that we almost had the united deal to begin with... but lost it to TSA because of the pilot strike vote.

Some maintenance personnel have recieved 170 manuals and a senior maintenance lead has left for Republic.

The DOT website has no new info regarding Republic, and only 145's are approved in the current certificate.

I will guess that Republic will fly 170's for United and Shuttle America will get a SF340 contract (replacing ACAs props) in IAD. This is a little more than an educated guess!

Just in case you want to keep track of the Republic info, the DOT docket # is 14579.

Flyforfood- You may be interested to know that MAA now is the leader for low 70-seat wages - not Mesa. MAA captain rates are $58/hr. This negotiated by UsAirways MEC. Are you saying that they don't have a backbone too? But please, keep up the bashing. It only helps management.

crj579 said:
Flyforfood- You may be interested to know that MAA now is the leader for low 70-seat wages - not Mesa. MAA captain rates are $58/hr.

How so, when CHQ's rates for 70-seaters range from $53.35-89.90 an hour, and higher after Oct. 1?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back