• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ $2,500 Sign on bonus for current CRJ & EMB pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The law of supply and demand hasn't reached us over here at PSA. We are still being treated as the enemy by our management and getting concessionary offers from our management to fly a DC-9. Wonder when and if reality will ever sink in to our delusional managers.

I'm going to call them Monday and negotiate w/ them. L. Bannister (HR Lady) would not quit calling after I told her I was not interested. She would call just to make sure I hadn't changed my mind. She was very nice about it though. I'm going to call her back and tell her I will come there for a $3000 signing bonus and after completion of IOE I start at 2nd yr pay. Im current in the CRJ so I wonder how long ground school would be? I would not look forward to going through g.s. again. I think the momentum might have started to swing in the pilots favor. We shall see how desperate they are.

I'm going to call them Monday and negotiate w/ them. L. Bannister (HR Lady) would not quit calling after I told her I was not interested. She would call just to make sure I hadn't changed my mind. She was very nice about it though. I'm going to call her back and tell her I will come there for a $3000 signing bonus and after completion of IOE I start at 2nd yr pay. Im current in the CRJ so I wonder how long ground school would be? I would not look forward to going through g.s. again. I think the momentum might have started to swing in the pilots favor. We shall see how desperate they are.

Training will be the same length of time whether you have never seen a CRJ before or you have 10000 hrs. in the thing. FARs prevent pilots from training under one certificate and operating under another, i.e. Chautauqua/Shuttle America E-170 transition a couple of years ago.

If a new-hire would go through the entire training coure, why do they need people current & qualified in these two specific airplanes? I guess the failure rate would be lower, but what if someone is current in a CRJ700 or EMB-170? Why wouldn't that count?

Good luck with that. I hope it works.

Unfortunately due to unions, we are paid by longevity with the company, not by experience or merit.

If a new-hire would go through the entire training coure, why do they need people current & qualified in these two specific airplanes? I guess the failure rate would be lower, but what if someone is current in a CRJ700 or EMB-170? Why wouldn't that count?

To hurt the other companies that bid for the same flying. . .

Training will be the same length of time whether you have never seen a CRJ before or you have 10000 hrs. in the thing. FARs prevent pilots from training under one certificate and operating under another, i.e. Chautauqua/Shuttle America E-170 transition a couple of years ago.

You can get a "short course" approved. 5 days of groundschool and 3 sims (prep, checkride, LOFT) followed by normal IOE.

NO 'training contract' should ever be signed! Pilots will regain the upper hand if we just stop doing this.

Who cares about training contracts if you're going to stay there more than a year. Only sh!tty companies like mesa need the contract because people are bailing less than a year into it.

Yeah it think TSA and Mesa need to buy some, "i'm going out of business due to crew shortages insurance" I talked to some of the new hires at TSA that just finished the sim and they are thinking about jumping to CHQ already. Lets take a case study for a new fo at TSA, or a person looking into getting a regional job

Lets Break it down by pay.

TSA
First Year 22.nothing per hour
Second 25 per hour
Third 32 Per Hour

a whopping 1.40/hour per diem

CHQ
First 23.nothing per hour plus 2500 dollar bonus
Second 30
Third 35

1.60/hour per diem
holiday bonus

General

TSA
No CASS
No Pref Bid
Horrible Scedules
Hostile Management
One Towel Head Sole Proprietor, who answers to no one
Horrible Company Morale
Alter EGO
two wonderful domiciles including STL and RIC
ABSOLUTELY NO GROWTH AT ALL!
quick upgrade due to ungodly attrition, 50 resignations since january 1st
contract negotiations at a stand still, could be 2 more years
horrible wash out rate for new hire training

CHQ
CASS
Pref Bid
Decent Schedules, for a regional
Good Company Morale
Plenty of Growth
Several hospitable domiciles to choose from on all aircrraft
No junior man
Reputable company
Stablility
New contract in the works,

if you have less than a year invested, why not make the lateral move.

Latest resources

Back