Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the black "referee" Reeboks? Classsy... :rolleyes: TC

Vingus said:
Pilots/military dudes are not known for their sense of style, that's for sure.

I think you mean, "most" pilots / military dudes...

It seems very few straight guys (particularly the married ones) have a sense of style and many pilots are simply in need of extreme fashion makeovers.

As far as the Bates saga goes, I was in a Mess Dress (tux) doing the Saber Bearer thing for a buddy's wedding, when one of my heels decided to trash the center aisle of the church. :( Not too cool at all. Black crap all over the aisle the bride and groom had to traverse.

Not to be outdone, I was upstaged by one of his friends. This guy placed, and then taped, a large G.I Joe action figure, performing a sexual maneuver on a Barbie doll on the hood of his Pathfinder, when we were decorating his ride with the "Just Married" stuff. :rolleyes:

It was a rathering shocking display, considering Barbie was butt naked, except for lipstick, a smile and G.I. Joe's combat boots, particularly for the blue haired women in the church. And there were many moms and dads who didn't particularly enjoy explaining why GI Joe was wrestling poor Barbie, but at least I was no longer the villain of the wedding. ;)

I worked for a small Part 135 company that required its pilots to wear Corafram shoes. Most of our business was flying Japanese tourists from SoCal to the Grand Canyon. There, we were known as the "Shiny shoes" pilots. I hated those things, and being a civilian trained pilot, didn't keep them looking very sharp (I was hoping that they would stop reflecting sunlight...)

Ivauir is spot on. Your feet froze in the winter and roasted in the summer. I'll never wear another pair of those again.

Forget the bad fashion statement. They aren't safe. In the event of a fire or accident, you are better off in leather shoes to protect your feet. The guys on the USS Stark had their 'frams melted to their feet.

ABOVE ME said:
You guys are spot on about the frams...and went out on the town that night for drinks and festivities. My heel came off and i was walking around with sparks coming out of my heels for the trest of the night.

You went out on the town with your frams? I bet you really had some luck that night!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back