Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Q400 Gear Bitch

Nationwide Beer Taster
I heard that we bought em from Crazy Wang's Used 400 lot. I think we got a good deal with lifetime oil changes and 1000 free pot stickers. I also heard they were'nt modded so they would be down for a while when we got em. Comments.....

Another rumor :

I heard that eagle was planning on getting rid of the Saabs outta LAX and that we were looking to go in there and fly. Any Eagle guys/gals hear anything about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Q400 Gear Bitch said:
I heard that eagle was planning on getting rid of the Saabs outta LAX and that we were looking to go in there and fly. Any Eagle guys/gals hear anything about that?

That may have been the case about a year to 9 months ago, but with the price of fuel I think our management has a whole new respect for the Saab.

tk

I'm just curious who's gonna fly em over. I know that line pilots have taken deliveries and returned 539DS to YYZ, but I wonder if they'll hire ferry pilots for this one.

Most recent rumor is that they're looking at getting 10 Q400s, 6 of which are from China, and getting rid of 7 Q200s. Anybody else heard it?

Q400 Gear Bitch said:
I heard that we bought em from Crazy Wang's Used 400 lot. I think we got a good deal with lifetime oil changes and 1000 free pot stickers. I also heard they were'nt modded so they would be down for a while when we got em. Comments.....

Another rumor :

Used Wang's! I got my car from that guy what a rip off artist! It never ran right!

I did like the pot stickers though!

Anyway, what kind of deal do you think you got on those things, after they rip out the chicken coups and pig stalls. I think you can get new ones in Canada somewhere. They already have all of the mods and everything, including the new plane smell. I don't think the ones from China are going to have that. It sounds like it will cost them more to get these ones "up to code" than it would have to just buy new.

DashTrash400 said:
I'm just curious who's gonna fly em over. I know that line pilots have taken deliveries and returned 539DS to YYZ, but I wonder if they'll hire ferry pilots for this one.

Most recent rumor is that they're looking at getting 10 Q400s, 6 of which are from China, and getting rid of 7 Q200s. Anybody else heard it?

They will Jr man the Capt and get the airport reserve guy right when he walk in the door.

Management will prob. volunteer! Comp. paid trip to China!

DashTrash400 said:

I haven't heard that one. Who told you? I only know about the China 400's that we supposed to get.

FlyinScotsman said:
Used Wang's! I got my car from that guy what a rip off artist! It never ran right!

I did like the pot stickers though!

Anyway, what kind of deal do you think you got on those things, after they rip out the chicken coups and pig stalls. I think you can get new ones in Canada somewhere. They already have all of the mods and everything, including the new plane smell. I don't think the ones from China are going to have that. It sounds like it will cost them more to get these ones "up to code" than it would have to just buy new.

Problem is, we can't buy new because QX management **** their place in line with bombardier back in 2003 when they renegoiated the 6 airframes they were supposed to get that year into two per year till 2009. Now, it's stinging them in the a$$.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back