• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

701EV

Any crews stuck in Chile?

Are they all ok?

No. Airport is closed.

Chile Earthquake Information: LAN Airlines Flights To/From Santiago, Chile Cancelled
Passengers on LAN Airlines flights scheduled to land in Santiago today have been re-routed
Source: LAN Airlines On Saturday February 27, 2010, 5:21 pm EST

MIAMI, Feb. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- LAN Airlines informs passengers, in accordance with the announcement from Chile's Civil Aviation Authority, that the Santiago international airport has been closed due to the earthquake that struck the country earlier this morning.
As a result, LAN Airlines operations to and from the city of Santiago have been temporarily suspended. Passengers on 17 of the airline's flights from both national and international cities of origin have been redirected to alternative airports in compliance with the Chilean Civil Aviation Authority.
Flight operations will continue as scheduled to all of LAN Airlines and its affiliates South America network and destinations outside of Chile.
The Company has been particularly concerned with meeting the needs of passengers that have been affected by this particular contingency and is providing hotel accommodations and assistance for passengers that were en route to Santiago, as well as flight change options for those affected by cancellations. Passengers that have been re-routed or those looking for additional information can call 1-866-I-FLY-LAN 24 hours a day, or visit lan.com.
LAN regrets any inconvenience experienced by passengers as a result of the earthquake. The airline will continue to provide information and updates about the status of flight operations at the Santiago airport as the information is made available by local authorities in Santiago.
LAN Airlines is based in Santiago, Chile. Americans seeking information on family and friends in Chile should contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs at 1-888-407

I´m stuck down here on a non-rev pass. I hope I can get home. I may be screwed

Hope you get home bro! Try going to Brazil??

I had a Lauderdale overnight on Sat and was stoked to go to the beach. Decided not to risk it (Tsnumai) and stayed high up in the hotel. Oh well, maybe next month.

Hope you get home bro! Try going to Brazil??

I had a Lauderdale overnight on Sat and was stoked to go to the beach. Decided not to risk it (Tsnumai) and stayed high up in the hotel. Oh well, maybe next month.

What? ...Tsunami? East coast? You know where Chile is and what ocean lies on its coast? Do any pilots on here have an education?

What? ...Tsunami? East coast? You know where Chile is and what ocean lies on its coast? Do any pilots on here have an education?

Hook line and sinker... not even some of his funniest work either.

Latest resources

Back