• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chief Pilot req. (waiver)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deadstick, you are 100 % correct. I meant no harm. That does not lessen the information a Chief Pilot needs to do his/her job in accordance with the CFR's. FSIMS is very new and not so easy to navigate. I provided a link for his reading. There is a jump from flying for a department to managing a flight department. One thing a manager can get from FSIMS and the 8900 are source documents to better write/manage his manuals. I have run across a good number of consultants who write manuals that should be shot on sight for the piss poor products they charge dear for.

It is like getting your car repaired, if you know something about the process you will buy less "head light oil" or "exhaust lube".

Deadstick, you are 100 % correct. I meant no harm. That does not lessen the information a Chief Pilot needs to do his/her job in accordance with the CFR's. FSIMS is very new and not so easy to navigate. I provided a link for his reading. There is a jump from flying for a department to managing a flight department. One thing a manager can get from FSIMS and the 8900 are source documents to better write/manage his manuals. I have run across a good number of consultants who write manuals that should be shot on sight for the piss poor products they charge dear for.

It is like getting your car repaired, if you know something about the process you will buy less "head light oil" or "exhaust lube".

No worries. I just read a little too much into the post. If I have questions, sometimes I turn to message boards (because there regs are so-o-o black and white;) ).

FSIMS is a good start, but, as you mentioned, it's just not too user friendly. The Feds need to organize a good system of cross referencing to include all the AC's (like the reg links) and FAA handbooks. Still the format (expanding tiers) needs to go. One can get lost in all the pop-ups. Have the index encompass all of that info.

It's a start, but there is room for improvement.

If you have a comment about FSIMS go to the home page:

http://fsims.faa.gov/

At the bottom of the page find "contact us", and say what you want. Because the FAA is ISO 9000 now all comments are reviewed and must have an internal answer. Usually the answer is "we dont have the money to fix it" but at least you can join the other comments how the web site is a pain to move around in.

In this case, no. I'm not an "O"bserver.

I am Just Another F*&#ing Inspector, Operations type...... in my spare time.

It depends on the company, some require it, some avoid such behaivor.

LOL! probably right, now if you will excuse me gotta get back to the party.
Thanks for the info guys.

Latest resources

Back