Chief Pilot needed at Milliken & Co.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CorpAv8r

Milliken & Company, a large international textile company based in Spartanburg, SC (GSP), is looking for a Chief Pilot. The current chief pilot, Gene Ernest, is retiring in the next couple of months, and they need a replacement immediately. Normally, the only way into this company is as a First Officer.

They operate a Citation III and 2 Citation SII's.

The job listing is posted at: http://www.turnergroupsrvs.com/job_listings.asp under listing number 602.

The text of the listing is:
Job No. 602 - Chief Pilot/Aviation Dept. Director for Part 91 on demand. Bachelor Degree in Management or Aviation preferred. Corporate background with management, finance, and budgeting experience mandatory. Strong computer skills with word, excel, and Power Point knowledge required. Must have CE-650 or CE-550 type rating on U.S. ATP with first class medical. Maintenance background a plus. S.E. United States resident preferred. Excellent Company & Benefits package. Pay $100/K.

Please forward resumes to [email protected]
If you want to contact the flight department directly, the contact information is:
Office: (864) 334-0058
Fax: (864) 877-8338
Flight Dept. Email: [email protected]
H.R. Email: [email protected]

That pay seems kind of low for a CP at a company that size. Is there some kind of bonus that goes with it?

sleepy said:
That pay seems kind of low for a CP at a company that size. Is there some kind of bonus that goes with it?
I couldn't agree with you more. I know one of their senior line captains is already pretty close to that figure. You would think the chief pilot should command more $$$ than what they are publishing. I would guess that the pay is negotiable, but I don't know for sure.

I just heard about the job and thought I would pass it along for anyone who might be interested.

I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking the job. I am not. I have heard that it is a great company to work for (as long as you are a Republican). I was just surprised that the salary wasn't higher for a CP.

Last edited:
Yes, it is definitely "a company to work for". ;) As far as being a Republican or not, I am not sure if that matters. I can't comment one way or another about that.

The department has a reputation for having a very old school mentality, but a lot of the senior guys have either retired or are very close to retiring. If the right person gets the CP position, it could mean very positive changes for the department and its reputation. However, I agree with you about the pay. I think it is definitely too low for what the position requires.

Good luck whoever takes this position.

Ask alot of questions during the interview.

gear_guy said:
Good luck whoever takes this position.

Ask alot of questions during the interview.
You sound like you have had experience with Milliken. Anything you care to share?

Ok, This is a great flight dept. if you like flying old worn out aircraft with even older worn out pilots. Make sure you have good life insurance and watch your back. If they don't kill you in the air, they will try to stab you in the back. But other then that, it rocks! It is a great flight dept. highly recomended!

Latest resources

Back