• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Chief Pilot needed at Milliken & Co.

CorpAv8r

Total Time
>11000
Milliken & Company, a large international textile company based in Spartanburg, SC (GSP), is looking for a Chief Pilot. The current chief pilot, Gene Ernest, is retiring in the next couple of months, and they need a replacement immediately. Normally, the only way into this company is as a First Officer.

They operate a Citation III and 2 Citation SII's.

The job listing is posted at: http://www.turnergroupsrvs.com/job_listings.asp under listing number 602.

The text of the listing is:
Job No. 602 - Chief Pilot/Aviation Dept. Director for Part 91 on demand. Bachelor Degree in Management or Aviation preferred. Corporate background with management, finance, and budgeting experience mandatory. Strong computer skills with word, excel, and Power Point knowledge required. Must have CE-650 or CE-550 type rating on U.S. ATP with first class medical. Maintenance background a plus. S.E. United States resident preferred. Excellent Company & Benefits package. Pay $100/K.

Please forward resumes to eturner@turnergroupsrvs.com
If you want to contact the flight department directly, the contact information is:
Office: (864) 334-0058
Fax: (864) 877-8338
Flight Dept. Email: gene.ernest@milliken.com
H.R. Email: curtis.pressley@milliken.com

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
That pay seems kind of low for a CP at a company that size. Is there some kind of bonus that goes with it?

CorpAv8r

Total Time
>11000
sleepy said:
That pay seems kind of low for a CP at a company that size. Is there some kind of bonus that goes with it?
I couldn't agree with you more. I know one of their senior line captains is already pretty close to that figure. You would think the chief pilot should command more $$$ than what they are publishing. I would guess that the pay is negotiable, but I don't know for sure.

I just heard about the job and thought I would pass it along for anyone who might be interested.

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking the job. I am not. I have heard that it is a great company to work for (as long as you are a Republican). I was just surprised that the salary wasn't higher for a CP.

Last edited:

CorpAv8r

Total Time
>11000
Yes, it is definitely "a company to work for". ;) As far as being a Republican or not, I am not sure if that matters. I can't comment one way or another about that.

The department has a reputation for having a very old school mentality, but a lot of the senior guys have either retired or are very close to retiring. If the right person gets the CP position, it could mean very positive changes for the department and its reputation. However, I agree with you about the pay. I think it is definitely too low for what the position requires.

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
They (Millikins) are big Pat Buchanan supporters.

gear_guy

Total Time
6000+
Good luck whoever takes this position.

Ask alot of questions during the interview.

CorpAv8r

Total Time
>11000
gear_guy said:
Good luck whoever takes this position.

Ask alot of questions during the interview.
You sound like you have had experience with Milliken. Anything you care to share?

Scooter_San

Total Time
3000+
Ok, This is a great flight dept. if you like flying old worn out aircraft with even older worn out pilots. Make sure you have good life insurance and watch your back. If they don't kill you in the air, they will try to stab you in the back. But other then that, it rocks! It is a great flight dept. highly recomended!