Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VVJM265

Just saw this in today’s Houston Chronicle:

Chief Pilot at Citgo. Requires 4 years pilot experience & ATP. Mail resume & references to:

CITGO Petroleum
(Attn: Alvaro)
1293 Eldridge Pkwy.
Houston, TX 77077

Oh well for me, I still have 15 months left to give Uncle Sam!

Best of luck,
VVJM265

What do they fly?

G4G5 said:
What do they fly?

Don't know, figured someone else on the board may know about their aircraft. It was a small add in the classifieds with a job description, typical CP duties. Just thought I'd pass it along for those who may be interested.

VVJM265,

That would be a great change for you!!!! Go from working for the US Navy to working and supporting a Venezuelan company that supports Fidel Castro's communist Cuba.

I know Citgo stations often offer cheaper fuel than other nearby gas stations, but it makes me sick watching US citizens pump their cars full with gas from Citgo.

It might be a great job with good pay, but I just personally could not support a company like that.

With gas costing around $2.39 per gallon in Atlanta, I love that cheep Citgo gas at around $2.24 per gallon.

Honestly, Communists in Cuba are not much of a threat to us. It is the Communists right here in America that worry me.

I have nothing against the people of Cuba. It's the leader of Cuba that has created many problems in the past for the USA. There is no reason to support him or his government.

Hopefully the politics of that country will change when Fidel finally crokes.

USC***,

The day after I posted the original post, I checked out their web site and saw that they were a Venezuelan company. Later that same day, one of the other pilots at work emailed me and asked something to the effect "Why would you want to work for that communist #$^%$#?"

Like I said above, I'm still a while from retiring but I figured somebody that didn't get the Houston paper might be interested.

In all honesty, I had no idea about Citgo when I first posted the ad; now I know.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back