Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Junior2

The one and only
I have an offer to be the chief instructor at a part 141 school. This would be full time offer at an FBO that has previously been just Part 61. I have the hours to go to other things, and lots of 135 me time, but if the pay is right...I would do this. HOW MUCH SHOULD I ASK FOR?????

your responses are much appreciated!

...Seattle Area

Last edited:
Depends on what part of the country you are in, but I would ask for at least $45k. If you are in LA or NY definitely more. Your responsibilites and workload will far exceed your previous 135 employment.

Good luck, sound like a good situation.

Art V.

Art Vandalay said:
Depends on what part of the country you are in, but I would ask for at least $45k. If you are in LA or NY definitely more. Your responsibilites and workload will far exceed your previous 135 employment.

Good luck, sound like a good situation.

Art V.

...you're going to take advice from Art Vandalay??

I had an offer to be a Chief Instructor at a flight school in the Midwest (at the time, I was a 141 check instructor at another school). The starting pay was going to be $40,000 plus benefits and a company laptop.

The University that I worked at paid the Chief Instructor between $49,000 and $53,000 per year plus benefits.

Hopefully that gives you some salary ranges. I wouldn't take anything less than 40. The job can be a real pain in the butt, depending on how picky your POI is and the culture of the company. When I was working in a 141 environment, we had three inspectors during the time I was there. They ranged from the extremely picky to a guy that would look at 2 training folders, 2 airplanes, and then leave.

Latest resources

Back