• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chick Fighter Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no idea what's going on these days. It may be totally level playing field.

I just finished a tour as an AT-38 IP. There are no special favors for females, and we've washed out plenty of them.

The new "special treatment" people are those who are Flag-officers' kids, or have been reinstated to training because of some complaintant action (harassment, unfair treatment, whatever). There were two people on whom I had to report to higher headquarters weekly on their progress because there was someone flying top cover for them. Annoying as sh*t.

My first time landing on the ship in the EA-6B we had a female there for her second time. She DQ'd and for any male that would have been it. She got a 3rd chance and barely passed. Her squadron pretty much rejected her from day 1.

As a student one of my female classmates had sex with the operations officer. He got discharged from the Navy and she just moved down the hall to a different squadron. She then was so aweful in training she went to at least 3 review boards. Instructors would NOT fly with her, but she still got her wings. There was even a book written about her, wish I knew the name. Would the same have happened to a male?

I'm not biased, these are just things I've seen. If you don't think there are guys out there that might have a beef with this, think again.

On the other side I have flown with some great female pilots as an instructor. They will go off and be great assets to there squadrons.

Last edited:
G-Spot! I've partied with her on the RoK. She's good stuff (sts). Too bad they changed her name before she left. Political correctness, how gay can it get?

Last edited:
Political correctness, how gay can it get?

As gay as a website about chick fighter pilots..

I could care less about women in the cockpit of anything..more power t them....I think this site does women aviators everywhere a huge disservice....

I spent 20 years as a Flt Standards Pilot. I've flown with women in times of peace and war and I can tell you from a training and an operational standpoint women have no place in combat.

I spent 20 years as a Flt Standards Pilot. I've flown with women in times of peace and war and I can tell you from a training and an operational standpoint women have no place in combat.

They may not have a place, but I can think of a few positions they can fill.

I kid. I kid.

Take the time to read the MIR one day. Feast your eyes...http://yarchive.net/mil/f14_hultgreen_accident.html
It is critical in the fact that it assumes that the pilot put the aircraft in a side slip which resulted in a compressor stall. D. Aircrew factor - MP's attempt to salvage overshooting approach with left
rudder led to reduced eng comp stall margin, contributing to left eng comp
stall. Accepted. CLSO and BLSO perceived MA left rudder input during WUOSX. See...it says "percieved", not "assumed" as you put it.
It also notes that there was a mechanical problem found that would increase the likely hood of a compressor stall by 26% in any phase of flight. Nope,...Stall MARGIN was increased by 26%, not quite the same thing as you are trying to imply... It was also found that her training was deficient in single engine wave-off training as well as other areas. I think you meant to say her training performance was deficient...read section in the MIR showing her CQ grades. Second, the report faulted her for not communicating the engine failure to her RIO. Result was that the RIO was not aware of the engine failure and could not pass along critical information to the pilot. And the REASON the RIO could not do so was a result of the pilot's error!!! The engine failed at 300' and 8-10 seconds before impact and she was task saturated. Again, this is generally something we tend to discourage in our pilots...Part of which was steering the aircraft away from the boat. (Thanks for inserting your personal supposition which is uncorroborated from any professional findings.) The other two critical areas were the late ejection (trying to not hit the ship and kill other sailors might do that) (supposition) and exceeding the max SE AOA, which happened 80' above the water just as they cleared the ship. Pilot error on waveoff technique

So to place blame on the crew was easy and assumed a lot, but it was not entirely truthful. Read between the lines if you read the MIR and just remember all of the circumstances that were involved. So now you believe, based on your vast personal knowledge and experience with Naval Mishap Investigations and personal knowledge of those involved, that the MIR is rigged......Your are a real piece of work...

For the record, it leaves a bitter tast in my mouth to have to regurgitate these matters on a fellow Naval Aviator, but your clear twisting of the events made my need to respond overwhelming...she f--ed up, ...it happens, .....may she R.I.P.....my prayers to her family. End.

Let. It. Go.

Anybody remember UMO from VFA-106 in the mid-90s? As she was being washed out, she sued practically everyone in the RAG. She got the Navy to pay her way to grad school. I guess she's now designing UCAVs for some contractor. This excerpt is from an article in the May 2006 issue of Smithsonian's Air & Space magazine about the future Lunar Lander which I guess she is helping with. I added bold and underlines in the most incredulous places:

"...Lest anyone think this opinion comes from some pale computer geek who's never been closer to pilots than Row 12 of the red-eye to Boston, a brief word on Professor Cummings' background: Before she got her Ph.D., she was one of the first female naval aviators to fly the F/A-18 Hornet. Today she spends much of her time on the problem of controlling networked unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Her fear is that astronauts won't stand for some ground controller "piloting" the LSAM from afar. The same tension exists between Air Force pilots and UAVs, she says. "I was a fighter pilot. I was the most elite of the elite. And we're the ones who are most resistant to this change."
If the system is designed right, says Cummings, "anybody, anywhere, anytime should be able to control the lunar lander." The operator wouldn't even have to be on board. "You do not need 1,000 carrier landings or the Right Stuff to be a good lunar lander pilot," she maintains.

(good thing if she's going to drive it!!)

Latest resources

Back