Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

is this true?

"Note: There is a fee of $250-$300 for a pre-employment screening by American Flyers."

are they charging for background checks? Is it before or after your hirred/in class?

Just checking for a friend. Not ment to be anything other than a question. Please no arguements. Again just looking for info to get my info correct.

Thanks

Last edited:
Lear, are you looking to jump off the ALG ship since it's sinking fast? If so, I'll give you the life preserver that I was using while swimming in the pool. I won't need it anymore since I've already drowned! Good luck.

Yes the fee is true, and the money is not going to Chicago Express its going to the best flight school in the country!!!! American Fllyers, NOT!!! Slogan for the company is tomorrows prices for yesterdays technology (American Flyers). But most likely if Chicago Express makes you get this done at Flyers your chances of getting hired are very good, unless you totally bomb the sim ride, which is pretty cut and dry, nothing fancy. The price is aorund 250$ if I remember right. Again, this is not Chicago Express charging this fee, its all going to American Flyers. Also 99% of the time, you would of already interviewed before going to do this.

So to answer your question, yes American Flyers does charge you that fee, it is for the simulator usage, and a sych eval, its not a backround check, Chicago express does that at no charge to you. But no your not hired before you do this, but your chances are very good of being hired if your going ot Flyers to do this.

Hope this helped!
Anthony

Thanks, I'll pass it along.

Des - no I plan on staying with my beloved and battered Allegheny for now, unless the following call:

Fedex - 3 years and counting

UPS - see above

Airborne - had interview sked on 01 but it got the kabash when they furloughed - not sure about the current state either

ATA - got app, returned it, still waiting, don't know anyone there for a rec.

AWA - see above

Alaska - buddy walked stuff in, no word

Airtran - see above

JB - apps in

That about sums up whats in my camp, call me crazy but I really wouldn't mind just getting back into the left seat of the Dash and staying put for awhile, but I guess somebody finds it entertaining to dismantle an otherwise productive and profitable company and destroying what many senior and experianced pilot fought hard and long to create.

PS - If Jennifer Aniston or Tara Reid wise up and see that I'm the one for them I'd leave also.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back