• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chicago Express Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to clear up my point. Management at Chicago Express is great. The pilot releationship between them and us works out good. Really no major problems, cause it could be a lot worse we are lucky. But having ALPA does not take anything away from management and our pilots releationship. Hell I would even be for an in house unions, somewhat like South West has. We have the flight ops committe, but things really dont get done through that, atleast not as much as we would all like.
One more thing, in no way have I heard that writing things up will get you fired or in any way in trouble here at the company. Our manteniance guys are awesome and have won multiple awards. But then I'm a FO and dont write up the issues and dont know what happens if anything to the captains behind close doors. But trust me I bet it is nothing, if anything they help the cuase by making things get fixed.
Anthony

FlyChicaga -- I hope you're right; unfortunately many ALPA MECs have elected to declare all out war against their respective companies at one time or another. Thankfully the ATA MEC has been fairly benign. Only time will tell what will happen at C8...For the moment, I stand corrected.

I think it's interesting and telling how fast ALPA dumped the Emery guys when their company started falling apart. IMHO, ALPA looks out for ALPA and its major revenue sources first and won't throw good money after bad on principle to enhance the piloting profession or protect your job. Unfortunately, many pilots believe ALPA to be a panacea.

What would ALPA national command if ATA's contract goals conflicted with C8's? Perhaps I'm uninformed and pessimistic, but ALPA needs dues money as much as any company needs revenue. ATA (and majors in general) are clearly more lucrative than C8 (and other regionals). Just like in politics, I'm inclined to believe that the biggest "donors" receive the most "ear time." ALPA C&BL provide for more national control over locals than I believe most pilots know.

Needless to say I hope our pilots have the courage to gather all the facts, disregard emotion, and vote according to accurate information -- all while flying professionally. Maybe after a few more rounds of this redux we can be ridden of this seemingly annual event for a few cycles.

Antney -- I hope your PC went well. Have fun in RG. Maybe I'll see you when you turn through in August.

joe

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back