Chicago Express to ATA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UM#1 said:
now NjCapt come on...you know all those ex-757 guys we fly with (73 capts now) complain how much better the 757 is, (roomier, holds speed better, etc). I know you want to be a 75 guy, so don't hold back now, bid as quick and as soon as you can, don't worry about the little guy, jump ship now my son!! help us get kicked out of another overseas hotel!!!

OK, boys. The bidding over the content of my next bid form will begin at $100. Do I hear a hunnert...?

Re: Question for ATA folks

e120pilot said:
Just curious how long it takes to get off reserve on the 737 or 757. Is the 757 more senior even though the pay is the same? How about schedules? I'd be interested in any pros/cons of each a/c. Thanks!

Most of the folks hired in the last year sat reserve for more than a couple of months only because they wanted to. When I got hired in 07/02 I was #124 in base (MDW) with 97-105 hard lines of flying. I stayed right about there for the next nine months since all the new hires were going into the 757. It really didn't matter, I was getting one of my top 20 bids each month, anyways (gotta love living in your crew base). Now I'm up to #108 in base and am getting one of my top 10 bids each month. Now, I don't care about weekends off or working holidays (I know better than to expect those days off) but have been able to bid some specific days off for concerts and the like, and still get one of my top bids. A lot of the commuters bid the B reserve lines that give them 12 hour notification, and stay at home until called. I tend to bid lines that have trips with mostly PM flying but show before 0900 on the first day. This culls the commuters from bidding those lines, since they have to spend a night in the crash pad before the trip, and since they tend to get back late at night, one after the trip, as well.

There is a weird mix in seniority between the 737 and 757. It all depends on where new hires go. I would be slightly more senior in my base on the 757, but have little desire to go through initial training again so soon. That is unless the bidding for my next bid sheet gets spirited.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back