Chicago Express to ATA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deceptibum

Has anyone heard or have self-stories about moving on from a wholly-owned regional to it's major airline partner. Specifically Chicago Express to ATA? At some airlines it's the kiss of death to move from your owned regional to the affiliated major.

There are a handful of ex-C8 guys here and all is fine. The only grief they may get is from those still at the Regional that has been left behind! Otherwise, it is nothing out of the ordinary.

I've noticed something around 20 C8 pilots who have been hired here in the last year. There seems to be no anti - poaching policy for the C8 folks (unlike just about any other major - regional partnership). A number of them went from the Saab to being type rated in the 757. Hope they don't mind moving down a number this winter when I bid over to their airframe.

Good Idea!

NjCapt,
Good idea, please bid over asap. I need to move up another number on the 73.

On second thought, maybe I'll ride the 73 until I get the chance to upgrade. ;)

now NjCapt come on...you know all those ex-757 guys we fly with (73 capts now) complain how much better the 757 is, (roomier, holds speed better, etc). I know you want to be a 75 guy, so don't hold back now, bid as quick and as soon as you can, don't worry about the little guy, jump ship now my son!! help us get kicked out of another overseas hotel!!!

Question for ATA folks

Just curious how long it takes to get off reserve on the 737 or 757. Is the 757 more senior even though the pay is the same? How about schedules? I'd be interested in any pros/cons of each a/c. Thanks!

In the 737 it takes as long as it takes to hire and train 30 more pilots (in the 737).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back