• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chicago Express IND-MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(Fort Wayne-WANE, March 18, 2004) - Indianapolis based ATA airlines plans on scheduling flights out of Fort Wayne International Airport to Chicago's Midway Airport starting in June according to Larry Thompson, vice-president of air service development at the Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce. ATA is expected to offer four flights daily to Chicago.

Airport officials were able to lure ATA to Fort Wayne by offering a $2.5 million incentive package. ATA is only committed to offering flights for one year, but if it sees a substantial number of passengers, Fort Wayne could expect ATA to stick around for years to come.

Airport officials have been trying for years to lure a low-cost airline to Fort Wayne. ATA is considered a discount airline that currently serves 40 cities. Typically when a discount airline enters a city, other airlines lower their fares. Thomspson believes the price of a round trip ticket out of Fort Wayne could drop about $60 on average.

ATA serves 40 cities in the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. The airline will operate 38 seat turbo props for its round trip flights to Chicago from Fort Wayne.

38 seats? Could these be Dash 8s? I was guessing this was Chicago Express, but I thought they only flew Saabs. Unless FlyChicaga's rumor is true.

Last edited:
um no. no new airplanes at all. The saab is at 34, but due to weights its 32. Fort wayne is our new city, but i think they just mistaken the amount of seats. Unfortunally were not getting new planes, and were pulling out of some very nice citie, well that our good for layovers.
Anthony

Latest resources

Back