Chicago 135 Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardRambone

How's the 135 business up in Shytown? I love Chicago and am looking for places to work once I get my 135 mins. Any good outfits in Chicago?

Planemasters

look up www.planemasters.com , as far as I know they have Caravans, Kingairs, and few Jets. and they are not bad to work for( at least when I worked there) and yes I agree with you, chitown is a great place to be.

Best of luck.

Planemasters just had a really big office exspansion put on the side of their hangar. Well maybe not their hangar but the hangar they keep the Saab and other planes in.

I'd look into Planemasters too. I enjoyed my time with the company. ;)

Mins are part 135, i take it? How would the commute be from MKE?

Problem with Planemaster's is that they have aircraft based all over doing UPS runs. I know they have a Caravan down at GSP as well as other location down south.

I actually think they are at DPA not ARR, unless something has changed. From what I remember, JA Air Center purchased PM a couple years ago. JA is big at DPA and now has an operation at DKB. But yes, it is a pretty good company from what I have heard.

One thing about Chicago, it is hard to get your foot in the door anywhere around here. Aviation jobs in Chicago are like the politics, it is not what you know but who you know. However, if one was serious about finding a job around here, it might not be a bad idea to take a lineman job with Atlantic or Signature at MDW for a few months. Lot easier to network going that route.

You are right, though someone told me that the Saab was theirs at ARR. I am probably wrong, because I am not involved with those operations. Sorry for the misinformation.

While I was there, starting pay on a freight run was $28k/yr (4 day run) and $30k/yr (5 day run), with health insurance after 90 days.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back