CHI 767's, why not ABX???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not really

just a bunch of reserve for now. no lines have been built yet.

Question...

I recently heard that CAM has leased the 757 that was scheduled for Cappy's crew to another party..Any truth to this one?

I recently heard that CAM has leased the 757 that was scheduled for Cappy's crew to another party..Any truth to this one?

Oh God I hope not. The next thing will be all ABX 767's going to CAM for who knows what. This is one of the EXACT reasons all 3 of Pilot groups need to work together. My resume is in eternal update mode these days.

Everybody thank DHL for buying us now. You know since they are so great and have such a strong arm across the freight industry.
THANKS DHL!:puke:

p.s. If true, I know the ATI and Cappy guys may be looking at ABX the same way.

Last edited:
More on CAM

I have heard the following concerning CAM..Even though they are owned by CHI,there appears to be no loyalty to anyone in ABX holdings..Sounds like first come, first served as far as aircraft leasing is concerned. Say for instance ATI has crews in training with a promise of an aircraft from CAM.If someone else comes along before ATI actually is prepared to take the airplane,CAM would go ahead and lease to that someone else who was willing to pay more money. ABX holdings still makes the money,but ATI would be left waiting..I think this "umbrella" may have more than a few holes in it!

I have heard the following concerning CAM..Even though they are owned by CHI,there appears to be no loyalty to anyone in ABX holdings..Sounds like first come, first served as far as aircraft leasing is concerned. Say for instance ATI has crews in training with a promise of an aircraft from CAM.If someone else comes along before ATI actually is prepared to take the airplane,CAM would go ahead and lease to that someone else who was willing to pay more money. ABX holdings still makes the money,but ATI would be left waiting..I think this "umbrella" may have more than a few holes in it!
I would agree with the more money part. Top brass has no loyalty to the employees who bust their humps to get the $$$ to roll in, it is either to their own pockets or the share holders. That is their job. But I find it hard to believe that in this market with fuel prices so high it can be the sole decider between fly it or drive it, that these higher efficient aircraft are not in high demand. More so with business that since CAM's interest is one in the same as ABX, or ATI or Cappy higher returns are not to be made within the org. than by leasing them out.

That said I think that the two already published to go to CargoJet were ATI's aircraft. And unless their current customers pony up the dough for 767's they will be sent out until certain contracts are up for re-negotiation. While ABX could put them to use almost right away, they were ATI's aircraft and keeping them outside until ATI gets an opportunity to use them is the best to avoid future problems. While the COO did say they would put aircraft where they would provide the highest returns, he is not so naive to not know he has a mixed number of work groups that can hurt the bottom line more than a couple of aircraft being sent out for a couple years.

While being run as separate companies under one umbrella, if not able to work together as one then we are just asking and deserve for what may happen to us. IMHO

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back